Resting players against the rags

Plenty of Rags giving it out today, thought they hated their biggest rivals? Lets go strong and smash the scum.

WOW!

put out a weakened side, lose to the rags, play our strongest / best 11 on tuesday, (play great, beat them 4- 1) go out on away goals. Saturday narrowly lose to a very focused Spurs side. So thats "sort of losing" four in a row.

Not such a good plan really is it?

Stuff the rags, win the league, gain confidence and give it our best Tuesday, (unlikely, but possible), then set benchmarks that will last a lifetime)

This.

I really, really hope Guardiola sees sense and is not his usual stubborn self. If we field a weakened side against the Rags, I can see us lose which would really screw up morale.

We shouldn't rest any of our players and more importantly they shouldn't want to be rested. After Wednesday they should be desperate to go out and show people it was a one off. Smashing the rags is the perfect build up for round 2 v the Scousers.

I really, really hope Guardiola sees sense and is not his usual stubborn self. If we field a weakened side against the Rags, I can see us lose which would really screw up morale.
Especially for the City fans who have had to take shit from the rags for far too long

My My, how times and expectations have changed! now, all of a sudden, winning a league and cup double is ''just'' a very good season! 10 years ago we would have given our right arm for a season like that and i suspect right now most Liverpool fans would too. I think we need a bit of perspective here chaps!
Yes, we should be happy with getting to 40 points every season to stay in the Premier league and maybe winning a Derby. Anything else is just a bonus because 10+ years ago we were shite.

I can't believe that the players would be happy to be rested against he rags, we have a core of maybe 7/8 players below who generally start our games who should start.

Ederson
Walker
Otto
Ferny
Silva
KDB
Sterling
Aguero / Sterling

If pep plays a weakened team tomorrow then he needs his arse kicked bigtime! Winning the title could galvanize the players for next week!!! Personally I think we are out of the champions league anyway so get the title win and go for the domestic record of most points etc

If pep plays a weakened team tomorrow then he needs his arse kicked bigtime! Winning the title could galvanize the players for next week!!! Personally I think we are out of the champions league anyway so get the title win and go for the domestic record of most points etc
Agreed, get it won tomorrow, no excuses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.