Retain title or win CL

Should only settle for the Carabao cup this season
I'm not greedy-I'll take that. Silverware. Trip to wembley.

I gaurantee we will be much much stronger next season after a summer off-recent history shows that we haven't won anything after a summer tournament.

But fourty years ago it’d be “League title or FA Cup?” as we’d just ran Liverpool close (by 1 point) to the title in 1977.

Not a pop at you this mate... but I get proper bored of hearing stuff like this. People (not necessarily you in your post by the way) act as though the club we were fifteen years ago was the club we’ve always been. But we’ve been a top flight club just four years less than United have and have been in the top flight the sixth highest number of years in the country, with only about 15 relegation fights in our 124 years which is only three more than United have been in.
My earliest football memory is 1980 (hence the username) and I often felt unlucky that I never had a memory of city being a great side. Having said that I was aware of our history and achievements and put plenty of rags and dippers straight over the years. When we started winning I felt an even stronger need to tell them “we were a good team before you know!”

I'm not greedy-I'll take that. Silverware. Trip to wembley.

I gaurantee we will be much much stronger next season after a summer off-recent history shows that we haven't won anything after a summer tournament.
That explains why we can’t retain a league title!

Carabao cup, then fa cup (scousers in the final), then pip the fuckers to the league on the last day, then smash the fuckers in the chumps league final. Would be nice...

Personally, I'm more interested in.the overall trophy count.
Discounting Charity Shields and UEFA/FIFA equivalents, (Super Cups and World Club Championships etc), City(16) have just overtaken Everton (15), and are npw focusing on Tottenham (17) Villa (20) and Chelsea (23).
That just leaves United Liverpool and Arsenal,, but the gap is definitely closing.

Personally, I'm more interested in.the overall trophy count.
Discounting Charity Shields and UEFA/FIFA equivalents, (Super Cups and World Club Championships etc), City(16) have just overtaken Everton (15), and are npw focusing on Tottenham (17) Villa (20) and Chelsea (23).
That just leaves United Liverpool and Arsenal,, but the gap is definitely closing.
I’d like to make the top5 in the next 5 years (5 trophies needed to overtake Villa into 5th place)

I’d also like to overtake Villa into 5th place for league titles won. They have 7, we have 5. (Everton have 9)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.