Retiring abroad

Retiring abroad would be ok for a while but I bet the statistics show more people return home

Usually they go for the better climate and depending on where you buy you can often get more for your money. These days with the wi fi and satellite TV they can get every TV channel they can at home, so it's like home with better weather. I think bad health fetches a lot back, or the death of a partner.

I'm wondering if some kind of agreement will be reached with people who buy a property otherwise sales will probably plummet. Mind you the whole coronavirus situation has added more complications.

Yes we like it no pissed up fat belly union jack wavers,also a bus ride to Elche another favourite.
when we were looking for a place one of the estate agents was pushing this place (as a house wasn't that bad actually) but his big selling pitch was 'you'll really like the area its just like little England' - we couldn't get out the door quick enough

I'm now retired in NZ.. small block of 15 acres.. its the best thing I ever did. I did assume I'd retire back in the UK.. but I cant leave here.. I do the occasional days work for verbal interaction with other people than the War office... but rarely feel the need to move away from the block. I fancy starting a small farm/ air bnb but purely a hobby. Just like my car collection ..

Think 3 months abroad is just enough. My plan is to spend Jan and Feb aboard in a couple of years and 10 months over here with a couple of weeks away in the summer. 2 x 1 week. Think will rent in a different place each winter. See more that way. Kids getting out of my hair soon so going to start winding down a bit.

I'm now retired in NZ.. small block of 15 acres.. its the best thing I ever did. I did assume I'd retire back in the UK.. but I cant leave here.. I do the occasional days work for verbal interaction with other people than the War office... but rarely feel the need to move away from the block. I fancy starting a small farm/ air bnb but purely a hobby. Just like my car collection ..

Went to NZ for the first time a couple of years ago. Stunning country and a place I want to explore more when I am retired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.