Retiring the Number 8 shirt?

I like to see the number 8 shirt worn, because it has reminded me of Colin Bell in his playing days for years. The number 8 will always be Colin Bell, no matter who wears it, I just hope that who ever does, recognises the significance of the Number 8, it will always be the Colin Bell shirt.

After watching the football focus and all the things that have gone on this week since Colin's passing I wonder if it would be a fitting to retire the shirt in his honour at the end of the season. I know we did it with 23 for Vivien Foe however I feel this would be a lasting tribute to such a man. I don’t want to think this would turn into a thing every time someone passes in the future, however I know they do this in basketball with certain players and I certainly don’t want it turn into that, I just think in this case it would be class by the club and would really show what he meant to this club.
Nice idea but it's a no from me.

Sick of going to funerals and seeing a football match break out.

Should be a privelage to wear the number 8 shirt and players hopefully understand what it means. If we started retiring shirts for club legends, we wont have any left in 50 years or so. As someone else said, would be great to see Kev in it maybe, though to be fair if Gundo carries on the way he has recently he will do it justice.

After watching the football focus and all the things that have gone on this week since Colin's passing I wonder if it would be a fitting to retire the shirt in his honour at the end of the season. I know we did it with 23 for Vivien Foe however I feel this would be a lasting tribute to such a man. I don’t want to think this would turn into a thing every time someone passes in the future, however I know they do this in basketball with certain players and I certainly don’t want it turn into that, I just think in this case it would be class by the club and would really show what he meant to this club.
Nice idea but it's a no from me.

Sick of going to funerals and seeing a football match break out.

No. total disrespect to others., Foe was different as it was whilst playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.