Return of Supporters

It wasn’t City Matters that I was suspicious of , the Club should of made it known what % of tickets were available to each group. I’ve asked previously for a breakdown on points but the Only answer I have received is the club won’t release this info. When you get the chance could you please post the breakdown on here for those that are interested ?W

I can certainly ask and if they let me have the info, and agree to me posting it on here then I'll be happy to.

Iv just asked city customer service if there was two ballots (one for season ticket holders and one for members) she asked her manager who couldn’t answer other than she thinks it’s a single ballot but not sure in ratio between the two. I can’t see how they can have two as some season ticket holders may have a a family friend on their list... I don’t think we will ever find out in the end and it will just be one big pot random selections until allocations are done (hope I’m wrong tho)

There's no need to be suspicious, as we've alluded to we're volunteers so we don't have unlimited amounts of time to follow this thread. If you want to get in touch directly with any of us please use our City Matters emails City Matters (mancity.com) and we'll try our best to help.

I don't have the actual figures to hand but the breakdown was originally worked out on the normal match day percentage. So season card, hospitality, Cityzen card etc receiving the equivalent amount they ordinarily would.

However we (City Matters) felt the Cityzens cards percentage was too high, given the situation, as a result the club agreed to reduce this and put aside the extra amount for the highest points holders, so the percentage of seasoncard holders in the stadium will essentially be higher than it usually is.
I think the city matters reps should be applauded. They give up their own time and get very little reward and invariably an awful lot of unwarranted abuse as whatever they decide it cannot please everyone.

My biggest concern with city matters is how the club see them. They don't seem to have that big a persuasive influence and as in this case get small concessions allowed by the club as a token gesture but then every email that comes out of the club implies that city matters have agreed to this so if you dont like it take it up with them as a lot on here clearly have.
I feel City only set up city matters as a token lip service as it deflects criticism onto them and basically throws them under the bus when these decisions are announced. One of the worst most thankless jobs going so I'd give those involved a bit of Slack n applaud them for their efforts rather than criticise.

I try and steer well clear of arguments like this because they're both unwinnable and unfortunately quickly turn personal. Having read many of the comments I couldn't help but remember hearing Simon Jordan discussing fan representation in the light of the post ESL protests. He's not a fan but, the gist of his comments were, "God help anyone elected to represent their fellow supporters interests to the club. They'll soon become the most vilified person in the eyes of the supporters they're trying to represent".

Iv just asked city customer service if there was two ballots (one for season ticket holders and one for members) she asked her manager who couldn’t answer other than she thinks it’s a single ballot but not sure in ratio between the two. I can’t see how they can have two as some season ticket holders may have a a family friend on their list... I don’t think we will ever find out in the end and it will just be one big pot random selections until allocations are done (hope I’m wrong tho)
There are two ballots, it's clear in the FAQs. You can't mix s/card holders and cityzens members in the same group for the ballot.

You can enter the ballot with any qualifying supporter (that holds the same qualifying membership type as you) that is within your household or support bubble.
All qualifying supporters must be connected by Friends and Family via their online account.

It wasn’t City Matters that I was suspicious of , the Club should of made it known what % of tickets were available to each group. I’ve asked previously for a breakdown on points but the Only answer I have received is the club won’t release this info. When you get the chance could you please post the breakdown on here for those that are interested ?
@dannybcity has said that the club said that they wanted the reduced crowd to reflect the relative percentages of a normal matchday crowd. So about 75% would be seasoncard holders.

We managed to reduce the Cityzens allocation in order to guarantee tickets for the higher points holders and we don't know exactly how many tickets that is, but it's over 500 as far as we know. So those are effectively a few hundred extra tickets in the SC ballot as they're tickets that anyone with over 22k points won't need to apply for, which reduces the pool of potential applicants.

Last edited:
There will be 1200 in hospitality with all areas open except the Tunnel Club. Chairman’s Club is for club vetted guests only
That fucks me right off that hospitality get 12% off the tickets (almost guaranteed attendance) while 35k of us scramble for the remaining 8,800. In fact even worse, after 22k points holders are catered for it'll be 33k after 6,600 seats remain.

Imagine the carnage if we get an allocation for the CL final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.