Return of Supporters

So you think Boris should have taken a leaf from Trump's book and stuck his fingers in his ears and sang "La La La" whilst thousands of people died? Wow...
Currently the number of people with COVID is doubling every 7-8 days which is a scary stat, local "lockdowns" are being largely ignored by large numbers of people (because they think it's a hoax, or not serious or whatever)
Going into pubs, shops etc you see more and more people without masks or ignoring one way systems simply because they aren't taking it seriously - sure those people may well get something like "flu" if they catch it but what about the people they give it to? Are they all going to have a cold for a few days or be very very ill (or worse)?
Experts are now saying a vaccine may not be the answer and anit-body resistence only lasts a couple of months at best - so a return to a packed Etihad may be a very long way off...
Have a look on the internet for memory B cells. Antibodies to the virus have been measured to fall but that does not mean immunity is short-lived. Covid will be here for ages, if not forever, just as influenza is always with us but the risk in the population will collapse once the elderly are vaccinated assuming it's effective in this population.

You are assuming that the lockdown itself hasn't killed people or ruined people's lives. There is a quality of life balance that must be considered or life just isn't worth living. What good is having more lives saved when everyone is just miserable? I genuinely mean that. Isn't it great that we're all alive, yet none of us have jobs because I've been made redundant because my company has gone under! What of the poor people who can't get cancer screenings because of cancelled appointments at hospitals and now they learn that their cancers are inoperable. What of the vulnerable people isolated, sinking even further into depression and drugs and homelessness and suicides. Lockdowns are really, really stupid. I am stunned there hasn't been a serious pushback against them. I genuinely expected there to be mass demonstrations, but so few resist. I must be really out of touch because I can't believe what the public has been swallowing from the garden variety scientists, health advisors, unions and politicians. The proposals, the claims, the data and rules fail again and again, yet poll after poll continues to show that the public is still supportive of yet more restrictions, even weirder rationale for them and even harsher penalties. I tell myself this time people will really kick off this time and yet it comes in without a whimper.

I wouldn't take a vaccine even if they developed one and prefer the Sweden approach. Selfish am I? Well, nothing is more selfish than the £100s of Billions we are racking up in debt for the future generations to pay off and the businesses being closed and jobs lost by these failed lockdowns.
I hope when there's a vaccine that everyone takes it. One could act as an unwitting host and infect others.

It won’t happen in 6 moths minimum, not got more to say
Pfizer's CEO expects, based on current rates of infection, for their trial results to be read at the end of October. He put that likelihood at 60%.

A message of hope:

In the UAE, they are vaccinating healthworkers with the Sinopharm vaccine after lengthy trials involving over 30,000 volunteers over a period of 2-3 months.

A message of hope:

In the UAE, they are vaccinating healthworkers with the Sinopharm vaccine after lengthy trials involving over 30,000 volunteers over a period of 2-3 months.
Sinopharm sounds Chinese, not sure I’d be willing recipient of that one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.