Return of Supporters

Nice one. My ticket is sitting in that bloody Google pay thing I had to download. You can see it and it's fine, I'm just worried in case it doesn't work at the turnstile as I can't find that bloody fn thing I have to turn on. Obviously I never worried about it before as I've never needed it
Not being lucky enough to check as I didn't win in the ballot but, can't you take a screenshot of it on your phone? Usually off button & volume down button pressed together.

There never has been a system that everyone would agree was fair to all. My personal opinion was the system in place when i bought my first sesaon ticket in the lare 70s. I became a 1st year season ticket holdet and when i renewed a 2nd year season ticket holder. Think after your 4th year you became a regular season ticket holder. When tickets for away games etc went on sale regulars got first pick then 4th years and so on. So once you had shown your loyalty you had a good chance of getting a ticket for away games. It was done on first come first served basis in all kinds of weather. Today it would probably have to be done by ballot but at least all regulars would have the same chance. This give the younger end of our fanbase something to aim for rather than a closed shop.
You've effectively described a 5-year rolling system for ticket points, but only getting points for actual attendance at games, rather than just renewing your ticket or signing up on a cup scheme.

We were talking about this at the CM Ticketing working group, pre-Covid. The tricky bit was how to transition to it, which we were trying to assess the impact of.

To those who managed to get a ticket, enjoy seeing us lift that trophy and saying farewell to Serg.

SC holder, Citzencard or Library card holder. It doesn't fucking matter. It was great City went with an option that gave the maximum amount of possibility for anybody with any kind of history or financial background to get their hands on a ticket.

It's been a fucking rough 18 months and if you were lucky enough to get one, you bloody well deserve it.

And for the record I have 20250 points. I've been lucky enough to see us win multiple things live. If its somebodies first time, seeing us lift that trophy. Fair fucks to you
Well said, Nick.

Not being lucky enough to check as I didn't win in the ballot but, can't you take a screenshot of it on your phone? Usually off button & volume down button pressed together.

Sorry to hear that mate

I can get it on my phone fine and anyone can see it but I don't think this phone has the technology to activate it so it swipes at the turnstile. Hopefully if I can't sort it a steward can swipe to let me in, it's obvious I have the ticket and it's mine

At last, finally managed to do it, whether they fixed something after e- mails and Twitter contact not sure, but don’t think I did anything I hadnt tried. Then payment was an issue, with error messages. Anyway tickets on my phone now, I can relax with a glass of wine this evening.
Great news fella

I'm not sure I agree that it should be done away with altogether. But it should be made more relevant as there are flaws in it, and this has made them more apparent.

As has been said, you could have given up a season ticket 2 or 3 years ago, after going home and away for 20 years, but still have kept the points and qualified for a ticket with over 22k points potentially. Is that person more "loyal" than the one who got that seat when they didn't renew but gets to as many games as possible?

I'm sure Marx, John Stuart Mill, Adam Smith, Plato, Kant, Descartes and Heidegger would have an interesting, but possibly inconclusive discussion, about that if they were all still alive.

I don't know that it should be completely done away with but the loyalty points systems has become increasingly flawed.

Looking back, getting 1,500 points as a bonus starter after 30 straight seasons at that point and have slogged through many a ground outside the top flight (that was loyalty) feels like a sick joke now. But if people had got a more appropriate number of points at that point, we'd have an even worse closed shop than we do.

No system will ever satisfy if the club keeps growing and no one want to have to go back to queuing outside the ground from 5 am to get Derby tickets for the Swamp but, from my point of view, it would be nice to have a chance to go to a league Derby there occasionally: I must have been to between 20 and 30 but it's well over a decade since I've been to anything other than a League Cup tie there.

Got mine this morning in block 201, a few rows in front of where I usually sit.
Just got to sort out Google Pay and make sure the phone sees it as my main wallet as Samsung Pay come preloaded.
I really can't see why print at home tickets weren't used, or just reactivate cards from last season.

Nice one. My ticket is sitting in that bloody Google pay thing I had to download. You can see it and it's fine, I'm just worried in case it doesn't work at the turnstile as I can't find that bloody fn thing I have to turn on. Obviously I never worried about it before as I've never needed it
Surely if you have any trouble turning on whatever you need to turn on somebody around will be able to help.

You've effectively described a 5-year rolling system for ticket points, but only getting points for actual attendance at games, rather than just renewing your ticket or signing up on a cup scheme.

We were talking about this at the CM Ticketing working group, pre-Covid. The tricky bit was how to transition to it, which we were trying to assess the impact of.
As a starting point award points for every home game attended over the last 5 years and points for every away game that went to open sale. Therefore the games that everyone had the opportunity to attend over the last 5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.