Return of Supporters

People with lots of points also attended in the 70 and 80s and get not credit, it is a level playing field, and there was not demand for away tickets 15 years ago so good luck selling on.

The problems started due to the more success city had, the higher demand, and less tickets available to points. If tickets were 100% allocated on points everyone would have a fair chance.
Depending on age, yes.

There would be enough available to climb the ladder if all went to points. Someone on 12k could get to 50%+ one season and it would go up each time.

Any rolling system also favours those currently on higher points I would imagine too, and ballots make it impossible to plan.

If there was a system that said fair enough, you have 22k 24k 26k points, you get first dibs on the always next season but we want to give other a chance, so you can pick 14, 16, 18 PL away games respectively to give other a chance I would have no problem with that or something similar.
Spot on. One of the main discussions we had with the club when talking about potential reform of the points system was the impact moving to a 5-year rolling system would have on people currently at the top of the ladder.

Personally I'd prefer to do that on a gradual basis, so things like dividing your current points by 100, so you always retained a slight advantage, or a system whereby we gradually transitioned to a new system so that higher points holders kept their position, but maybe by knocking off 20% a year over 5 years, or something like that.

As has been said previously, the club are interested in maximising attendance so. points would be given for actually attending league and cup games rathe4 than signing up for the schemes.

Be interested to hear any other sensible suggestions.

You only had to go on the Ticket Exchange here or various Facebook groups to see how much of an issue it was. And the club obviously monitor this and were particularly keen to deal with it. I suspect the club also had far more data than they were prepared to divulge at the time but they told us it was a significant problem.
I am aware that there were tickets available but staggered if people were doing this on a regular basis.

You only had to go on the Ticket Exchange here or various Facebook groups to see how much of an issue it was. And the club obviously monitor this and were particularly keen to deal with it. I suspect the club also had far more data than they were prepared to divulge at the time but they told us it was a significant problem.
So they must have had the data, why not deal with the individuals concerned?

Spot on. One of the main discussions we had with the club when talking about potential reform of the points system was the impact moving to a 5-year rolling system would have on people currently at the top of the ladder.

Personally I'd prefer to do that on a gradual basis, so things like dividing your current points by 100, so you always retained a slight advantage, or a system whereby we gradually transitioned to a new system so that higher points holders kept their position, but maybe by knocking off 20% a year over 5 years, or something like that.

As has been said previously, the club are interested in maximising attendance so. points would be given for actually attending league and cup games rathe4 than signing up for the schemes.

Seems to be a decent all round solution to implement a rolling system (5 years or so) and incentives for attendance at home early round cup games etc

I am aware that there were tickets available but staggered if people were doing this on a regular basis.
I assume tickets appearing for resale could/must have come from a variety of sources season card holders, hospitality customers and supporters clubs?

1 thing that always gets me is the games can be sold out yet not full. We get points for buying a ticket not attending a game.
They should give the points for your ticket being shipped at the turnstile not just buying a ticket.
Looking at some way of confirming that is you attending( no idea how that happens for home games) would be good too, to stop people just buying every ticket home or away and selling on the games they can’t go to so they keep there points high.

Away league games on points. Away cup games ballot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.