Return of Supporters

How do you know they don't? They're very cagey, and rightly so, about how they monitor the situation. Which they do.
My personal view is that the removal of points to ‘stop’ reselling of tickets was a sledgehammer to crack a nut and is counter intuitive as it means those further down the chain even if they attend less desirable games can’t climb the ladder. I say this as someone with 28000 points but means even if I decide to do less games I won’t ever be caught. That’s why it’s my view that a rolling system (5 or 10 years) would be fairer to all along with reinstatement of points for attending games with maybe more points for Swansea away than Utd or Liverpool away.
Oh and they should fuck platinum off imo, for the benefit the club receives in cash, it’s one of the worst PR disasters this club has implemented

Last edited:
Have I got this right. People were buying tickets to obtain points and then going to the hassle of selling them on just so that they could then go to the odd high profile game knowing they had enough points. How many people were doing this as I don't understand why people would go to the trouble of traipsing all over the country for years and then decide that they just wanted to go to a couple of away games per season. Doesn't make sense.

I think the amount it goes/went on has been exaggerated. I don't think there were "professional" points whores who would buy the tickets without a buyer. And if there were then there's probably less than 50 out there.

Speaking personally, because friends of mine know that I go all the time I will often get people messaging me saying "Will you be using your ticket for Palace away mate?" or "Know anyone who won't be going to Leicester?" And I can't say that I've not bought a ticket for someone in the past with no intention to go - because I have, but not for the points more so because they're going down to Cardiff to see their family and their cousin would like to go to the game or something similar - just to help friends out. I've probably done this about 4 times over 15 years.

Its obvious now the club no longer care for supporters who have give 40, 50 years of loyalty, they make their money on TV and sponsorships and do not need gate money as much, but I still think the fans who attend the early rounds of the league Cup and champions league games midweek should be taken into account, I know some people cannot make midweek games because of work etc but not 30,000 who then can make the semi finals mid week.

Well I've put my ticket in that bloody Google pay thing I have had to download, it's there with a barcode on it. I just downloaded the NHS track and trace app. I just hope they both bloody work on the day.

Great Post mate. Really resonates with me, and I suspect many other fans, at the moment. I'll probably retain my season ticket but won't be using up any holiday entitlement trekking to Sunderland midweek for a League Cup game.

Thanks, hope you and all the other justifiably pissed off blues can get to a good place in your relationship with the club however that pans out in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.