Return of Supporters

The supporters coming back in October looks more likely that that will not happen. The only way that is going to happen is if the citizens of this country learn to stay two metres apart and where their face masks.

Last Saturday I saw eight people at on pub bench, 4 on either side. the way they were sitting you couldn't get a piece of paper between them. It's because of idiots like this that the virus is on the in crease. The same goes for the supermarkets, I see more and more people not wearing their masks. yet no member of staff dares to tell them to wear their masks.

While with heart problems have to spend most of my time indoors, because I can't afford to go out to much in case I catch the virus. If I do I could become seriously ill and that is something I don't want.
I haven't ticked the like button 'cos it doesn't seem appropriate, but yer right, KKdBofB. People who think they are well, immune, can shake off a sniffle, are out and about, touching surfaces, oblivious to what they have on the end of their fingers. They might have been tested and proved negative and that gives them carte blanche to wander willy-nilly here there and all fuckin' places! We had the beating of this until some fuckers 'thought it was all over'! It won't be for a while yet!

The real concern for the sport and leisure industry as a whole here is if no fans are allowed to return to stadiums by the end of the season then that rolls in to wondering how can other events go ahead for the summer? Not just the sporting ones such as Wimbledon, the F1 or International Cricket but things like the music festivals such as Glastonbury. If its not safe to have a couple of thousand people in a sports stadium at the end of May how can it be possible to have hundreds of thousands pretty much camping on top of each other a few weeks later?

Sadly there was an inevitability this was going to happen, based on the increase in positive tests being recorded.

The only real hope now is a vaccine becomes widely available as it is clear society will not return to normal in the interim.

It is a blow, the thought of not attending a match, but in the big scheme of things only a minor inconvenience. I just hope once this thing is beaten their is something left of society to hold onto and the decision-making over the past 6 months was the correct course of action.

Yeah, I fancy we won't see live footy in the flesh, so to speak, for 20-21.
Agreed. Six months takes us up to next March anyway. Can't see full stadiums this season sadly. Only positive is we will save a few quid (at least us matchgoers will). I'll put my savings into a European away trip fund for future years. It's a shame for people like Sergio in his last season for the club.

I can't see stadiums being opened again this season... In fact I can see this season being called off if things get as bad as they are warning.

It's all on a knife edge. Spurs paid for the Orient players to be tested because Orient couldn't afford it..... Thing is if they hadn't paid then spurs players would have caught covid.

I am also hearing about (some) athletes who have had covid getting heart problems afterwards, which is a new development.

Then add in the FA cup lower league games, if they can't test themselves or afford to test too.....

Add in the impact we're going to have on society this winter with even more deaths, and (right now) I can't see things continuing with all that going on, but we'll see, maybe the measures the govn are taking now will have a positive impact

I can't see stadiums being opened again this season... In fact I can see this season being called off if things get as bad as they are warning.

It's all on a knife edge. Spurs paid for the Orient players to be tested because Orient couldn't afford it..... Thing is if they hadn't paid then spurs players would have caught covid.

I am also hearing about (some) athletes who have had covid getting heart problems afterwards, which is a new development.

Then add in the FA cup lower league games, if they can't test themselves or afford to test too.....

Add in the impact we're going to have on society this winter with even more deaths, and (right now) I can't see things continuing with all that going on, but we'll see, maybe the measures the govn are taking now will have a positive impact

Spurs game is postponed ... but not sure WHEN they can play again, the next round is next mid week and draw has already been made ... if this goes on a few weeks more, PL season could get called off again, or cancelled all together ... We have had 3 first teamers, two just finishing quarantine, 1 just gone into it ... that starts happening with other teams and it could all go down from there. Last time it only took one Arteta to test +ive and all went packing.

Maybe that’s why Tixi is holding off buying anyone, imagine dropping £80 million and the season gets cancelled. This doesn’t bode well for the Euros and Olympics again next year as well, there is no end in sight for this, maybe society as whole will just have to change and become more insular. The winter will help with keeping people in but it’s going to be a shit time for everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.