Riccardo Calafiori

I like this lad he looks class surprised we aren't in for him.
Same. Especially since a number of our defenders are getting up there in age. Stones is 30 with a bad injury record, Akanji is 29 in two weeks, Ake is 29, Walker is 34, even Dias is already 27. Our only young defenders are Gvardiol and Lewis right now.

It's very possible we'll have to find younger replacements for all our defenders except Dias, Gvardiol, and Lewis (if he even counts as a defender) within 5 years. Not an easy task.

Thought this would've been a solid signing to inject some youth into the defense but I guess City have no interest in signing defenders this summer (outside of Kimmich who's a DM/RB hybrid).

Same. Especially since a number of our defenders are getting up there in age. Stones is 30 with a bad injury record, Akanji is 29 in two weeks, Ake is 29, Walker is 34, even Dias is already 27. Our only young defenders are Gvardiol and Lewis right now.

It's very possible we'll have to find younger replacements for all our defenders except Dias, Gvardiol, and Lewis (if he even counts as a defender) within 5 years. Not an easy task.

Thought this would've been a solid signing to inject some youth into the defense but I guess City have no interest in signing defenders this summer (outside of Kimmich who's a DM/RB hybrid).

And it seems that Branthwaites agent is close with Wilcox and they both want him at United?

I feel like we’ll be fine for another year. There is always a young defender that emerges. If we can pick up one every year or so starting next summer and fill in with some academy or younger signings, feels like we’d be fine? Maybe a more established, but cheap Akanji like signing along the way - someone between Dias and Josko age wise?

I feel like we’ll be fine for another year. There is always a young defender that emerges. If we can pick up one every year or so starting next summer and fill in with some academy or younger signings, feels like we’d be fine? Maybe a more established, but cheap Akanji like signing along the way - someone between Dias and Josko age wise?
Kadioglu ;).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.