Riccardo Calafiori

I feel like we’ll be fine for another year. There is always a young defender that emerges. If we can pick up one every year or so starting next summer and fill in with some academy or younger signings, feels like we’d be fine? Maybe a more established, but cheap Akanji like signing along the way - someone between Dias and Josko age wise?
I mean I don't necessarily disagree, just rate Calafiori highly and would hate to see him strengthen a direct rival. Thought he'd be a home-run signing for us and it's a bit disappointing that we didn't take much of a look at him I suppose.

One defender I think I'd keep your eye on is Max Alleyne from the City EDS. He's been in and around the 1st team since last season and has shown some 'John Stones-esque' qualities from what limited video I've seen. Pretty good with the ball for a CB and he's only 18 - Pep spoke about feeling bad that he couldn't get Alleyne on the pitch for his UCL debut last season after one of the group-stage games.

I mean I don't necessarily disagree, just rate Calafiori highly and would hate to see him strengthen a direct rival. Thought he'd be a home-run signing for us and it's a bit disappointing that we didn't take much of a look at him I suppose.

One defender I think I'd keep your eye on is Max Alleyne from the City EDS. He's been in and around the 1st team since last season and has shown some 'John Stones-esque' qualities from what limited video I've seen. Pretty good with the ball for a CB and he's only 18 - Pep spoke about feeling bad that he couldn't get Alleyne on the pitch for his UCL debut last season after one of the group-stage games.
Yes, would be great to see him get a few minutes. (I like having a group of players in their late 20s, early 20s, and then those under 20s - so you can see the succession of the team) Is he primarily right or left sided? I still feel like we need a big right sided signing eventually - basically someone to pair with Josko but on that side. But it seems like we’re only linked with left sided players.

Sounds like the Arse are strengthening their squad then, not sure this lad starts though? Good signing for them lot though

Sounds like the Arse are strengthening their squad then, not sure this lad starts though? Good signing for them lot though

If Saliba leaves then they will need to buy, but I can't see Arsenal selling.

If Saliba leaves then they will need to buy, but I can't see Arsenal selling.
i have learned to never discount Real Madrid not in transfers nor on the pitch till the final whistle. They really are operating with dark arts and Saliba really makes sense for them with Nacho leaving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.