Riccardo Montolivo

Yes, he's creative, but he's not that fast thinkers like Silva or Modric, so I think he'll probably struggle with the pace here.

Damocles said:
Mancini talked him up in an interview (the prestige one that people are wrongly whinging about because it was translated incorrectly).

To sum it up, he said that at City, he was proud to have brought in some big players when it is difficult to do so outside of the European elite clubs. Then, he said that he doesn't talk about players. Then in the next sentence said:

"But Montolivo is a big player. He has wonderful technical ability and is a real leader on the pitch."

He was speaking about Fiorentina at the time, Montolivo's team and the club that Mancini is a bit of a legend at, now managed by his ex-assistant at Inter.

It's hard to really sum it up and I don't seem to be very good at it, but in Italian, it read as though he was very interested.

He's a deep lying playmaker, captain of Fiorentina (at 26, this is good in Italy) and also pays for his country regularly. He's good going forward, like a young Pirlo is the best way to describe him.

My thinking on this, is that it is all perfect. He's what we need, he's a young Pirlo which we have been linked with, he plays for Mancini's old club under his best mate, he would be available for a decent price and he's a very good player. I can see us whacking a bid in for him this summer.

mate it was only a polite answer.

It is as if a blakpool journalist had asked him about charlie adams.

and he replied that he is a very good player.

or should have answered that sucks ?

;)

Still think he's our man:

<a class="postlink" href="http://bit.ly/hu1Cq8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bit.ly/hu1Cq8</a>

Riccardo Montolivo's agent invites interested clubs to contact Fiorentina
The highly rated midfielder has long been linked with a move away from Florence – with Juventus, AC Milan and Inter all interested – and he might now be willing to leave

19 Apr 2011 12:02:00

Photo Gallery Zoom
Riccardo Montolivo - Fiorentina (Getty Images)
Related Links
Teams
Fiorentina
Inter
Juventus
Milan
Players
Riccardo Montolivo
Find the best odds and bet on Serie A.
Giovanni Branchini, the agent of Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo, has invited interested clubs to make a move for the Italy international if they want to sign him this summer.

Montolivo has long been linked with a move away from Tuscany as clubs such as Juventus, Inter and AC Milan are closely monitoring his contract situation.

Branchini told Tuttosport: "Regarding the alleged interest of Juventus, Milan and Inter, we can only wait for them to make a move. The directors of these clubs will have to agree terms with Fiorentina first before we can do anything.

"We're eager to have a meeting with the Fiorentina directors to explain what we want. This is the time to ask yourself whether you want to make the next step in your career or to think about the financial aspect of the game."

The 26-year-old midfielder's current contract runs until the summer of 2012 and both parties have so far failed to reach an agreement on a new deal.

-- Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:49 am --

bluethai said:
Yes, he's creative, but he's not that fast thinkers like Silva or Modric, so I think he'll probably struggle with the pace here.

He's not that type of player, he's a deep lying player like Barry.

He's exactly what we need; I mean EXACTLY. Youtube isn't a great way to judge a player, but this shows his range of passing. Ignore the goals, they are few and far between as it's a weakness in his game.

Look at his ability to pass through the defence. Think of us against the Stokes and West Broms or even the Blackburn and Fulhams this year. Even with Silva and Tevez on the pitch, we failed to break them down because of the tippy-tappy nature of our play. This boy can pass from deep and is perfect sat next to NDJ to give Barry a rest:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoTcoA4AlIE[/youtube]

His passing is very, very good. He brings the ball out of defence with pace. He's 26. He's already in the Italy team with De Rossi next to him, and is captain of Fiorentina. He's in a contract dispute and has previously spoken of his desire to come to England. Mancini rates him very highly and he's the type of player who would improve us, give us extra options but not cost £900m or whatever.

Perfect player for us, the stars are just aligned in my head, I don't have any inside info signalling that we will go for him, btw :)

The best way that I can describe him, is to think of Gareth Barry, but with pace, the ability to bring the ball out and pass it on the counter, the ability to play a long diagonal ball and the ability to beat a man. He's a very, very good player and I can't understand the Gooner who said that he isn't an improvement on what we have.

Mancini hinted after the Sunderland game that we might change style for next season. And i think he hinted at playing Silva AMC...with 2 wingers or forwards on the wings. And one lone striker (Dzeko).

This would leave us with Yaya and De Jong in the middle. There wouldn't be space for Montolivo in the starting 11.

Unless Mancini continues to play Yaya in a little more advanced role next season. A creative deep-lying playmaker would be good to have alongside Yaya and De Jong...it would be an improvment on Barry.

But there are better deep-lying playmakers available if thats what Mancini is looking for.

Nur Sahin to mention one...who is much more talented than this italian..and who could also fail in the high paced english game.

Also..no mention of City in the article. I think he will leave for Italy.

BlueCityfan said:
Mancini hinted after the Sunderland game that we might change style for next season. And i think he hinted at playing Silva AMC...with 2 wingers or forwards on the wings. And one lone striker (Dzeko).

This would leave us with Yaya and De Jong in the middle. There wouldn't be space for Montolivo in the starting 11.

Unless Mancini continues to play Yaya in a little more advanced role next season. A creative deep-lying playmaker would be good to have alongside Yaya and De Jong...it would be an improvment on Barry.

But there are better deep-lying playmakers available if thats what Mancini is looking for.

Nur Sahin to mention one...who is much more talented than this italian..and who could also fail in the high paced english game.

I believe we already have our deep lying playmaker in Yaya Toure.

Dax777 said:
BlueCityfan said:

I believe we already have our deep lying playmaker in Yaya Toure.

Yeah..true. But it's not good to play him alongside 2 defensive players like Barry and De Jong, he can't use his long-range passes as much from his advanced role. De Jong is enough and Yaya should be the one playing alongside him. He is very good defensivly too.

Thing is...who will take Barrys spot? Are we going for a bit more attacking minded midfielder or just find someone like Barry. Good defensivly but offers little forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.