MC - MILNER
MC - POLI
AMR - WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
AML - WEISS
ST - BALOTELLI
ST - GUIDETTI

IN:

Riccardo Montolivo
Andrea Poli (younger version of Montolivo)

Out:

Shay Given
Kolo Toure
Patrick Vieira
Michael Johnson
Carlos Tevez
Jo

I hate to generalize but targetting Italian/Serie A players without the definite prerequisites to handle the Premier League is risky business.

Look at our track record with Serie A or Italian acquisitions: Dabo, Corradi, Bojinov, Bianchi, Kolarov, Balotelli (who may become the exception to the rule but has yet to prove himself long-term)

Montolivo would set alarm bells off in my head as he would want that extra second you can't have here, which even Veron couldn't deal with and he was twice the player Montolivo is. There are many other players I'd look at before him, Sahin being a prime example.

LoveCity said:
I hate to generalize but targetting Italian/Serie A players without the definite prerequisites to handle the Premier League is risky business.

Look at our track record with Serie A or Italian acquisitions: Dabo, Corradi, Bojinov, Bianchi, Kolarov, Balotelli (who may become the exception to the rule but has yet to prove himself long-term)

Montolivo would set alarm bells off in my head as he would want that extra second you can't have here, which even Veron couldn't deal with and he was twice the player Montolivo is. There are many other players I'd look at before him, Sahin being a prime example.
Simples: Drop Yaya Toure to the deep lying role.. He can pass and attack out of that role. By a prober attacking mid or 2 to join SIlva behind the main striker, and by fullbacks who can put in crosses and we will be ready to roll

Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:

Simples: Drop Yaya Toure to the deep lying role.. He can pass and attack out of that role. By a prober attacking mid or 2 to join SIlva behind the main striker, and by fullbacks who can put in crosses and we will be ready to roll

The only thing i would say about that in my opinion is that all Yaya's best games for us is when he has been pushed forward and his worst games have been when he has played more defensive midfield

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
Dax777 said:

The only thing i would say about that in my opinion is that all Yaya's best games for us is when he has been pushed forward and his worst games have been when he has played more defensive midfield

Agreed

Well in that case we can give YaYa a box to box free role. Let YaYa do his thing while Montolivo does his.

He really is a class act. I've been banging a drum on here too for him. Got all the tools for the premiership. He reminds me a lot of Alonso.

Stevinio said:
He really is a class act. I've been banging a drum on here too for him. Got all the tools for the premiership. He reminds me a lot of Alonso.

As Damocles says, this is exactly what we need - it seems that only Tevez (when he comes deep) and Vieira are capable of playing a long flighted through-ball or diagonal. We need a Scholes/Alonso/Wilshere who can sit deep and pass the ball. It's Barry's job really, but he lacks the range.

I like Montolivo, he's a classy player. And here's a list of Serie A imports that have done well in England...

Vieira
Vialli
Ravanelli
Desailly
Henry
Gullit
Di Canio
Gianfranco Zola
Di Matteo
Lombardo

And, of course, SUPER MARIO!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.