Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

I clarified the "Management" thing later on in the thread, and you're right, it could have been misconstrued.

I do also believe that the club have to be called to task on things which they have done wrong. In my opinion, they did something wrong and I shared my feelings on a forum, which is the whole point.

I do admit that looking back, it seems a bit overblown, but it conveyed the feelings I had after watching the full interview with Dunny live, and think that editing it would make half of the people posting in the thread look like bastards.

Point taken though.

Thanks Dunney and you are a mini legend

Lets move on now(use the six mill to get rid of the smiling one)

Didsbury Dave said:
Unlike your Tevez post, Damocles, this time I don't agree.

Dunne's time at City had come to a close. He has lost his edge and makes too many errors.

We have signed players better than him. We need to have young players on the fringes, versatile players like Onuoha and Kompany.

I'm glad he was sold.

Hate to say it but I kinda agree - how would the likes of Onuoha ever get a game and become the player that we all know he can be if he has Dunney infront of him.

Its a big shame but its time to move on.
and when you say things like 'Go fuck the management' I think we should all remember there doing what they are doing in the best intrest of the club and so far since they took over there doing it pretty well too.

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

Dunne is a Legend for me and in years to come we will tell the tale of how we beat the rags on their special day at (the swamp) for the first time in 34 years. For the double and the other recent wins over them. Dunne played in all those games.

9 yrs, 4 times player of the year. just goes to show how poor we were as a football club, Dunne seems a top bloke, a footballer and captain , no way. Some great last-ditch tackles,got his head on the ball when teams relied on the big hoof ,but when teams played it on the deck ( blackburn springs to mind ) he gave away numerous fouls trying to catch up, often leading to goals/chances.I think he has done well to find another prem club with ambition and not one just trying to survive. must have been uncomfortable watching the club chasing players for his position but being a millionaire must soften the blow a bit ,

No, definitely not a legend - never rated him, only good when backs to the wall which fair enough has been plenty over last few years.

average player in poor side over the years.

Sky Blue said:
Mike D said:
That still doesn't excuse the club from doing the decent thing and giving him testimonail. Instead of these pointless poxy party piece training session circuses in the close season, lets have proper testimonial against the rags (or who ever dicky wants to play)

Ask the thousands of young blues who turned up for the open day and had a great time free of charge if it was pointless.

No, much better better to play Utd in a testimonial and have a recipe for violence (as in the past) just to line the pockets of an already rich footballer.

For me it was just another spectacle of the circus that we've had at the club this year and the club would be better putting there time and efforts into giving Dunne the respect he deserves by finding good quality oppisition for us to play.

Mike D said:
Sky Blue said:
Ask the thousands of young blues who turned up for the open day and had a great time free of charge if it was pointless.

No, much better better to play Utd in a testimonial and have a recipe for violence (as in the past) just to line the pockets of an already rich footballer.

For me it was just another spectacle of the circus that we've had at the club this year and the club would be better putting there time and efforts into giving Dunne the respect he deserves by finding good quality oppisition for us to play.

To be fair Mike D, you have never had a good word to say about the club nowadays

I defy anybody who can put there hand there heart and say a player who has won player of year 3 years on the bounce and spent 9 years at the club to say he's not. And thats player of the year voted for by the fans not the armchair fans with splinter up there arse, or keyboard warriors with spreigned rists for that matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.