Richard dunne

i will cheer dunney for his service! but i will admit i was a little pee'd off at his slant at the club when he left!

as for a dunne shut out as posted earlier! he doesnt like playing against adebayor remember!!!

The Fat el Hombre said:
jamiegrimble said:
I agree with most everything you say Mr Rich,but for one point.I believe Dunne is a winner.You could see by the way he organized the back four,and put his body on the line in crunching tackles for the cause,that cant be faked.I believe the City playing staff he inherited as captain werent winners.He was a few years premature for the blues time scale,both personally and in the scheme of things.
A winner who's never won anything, that's a new one.
How exactly was he a few years premature for the blues time scale?
I’d like to give you and Dunnie a 50/50 ball and see who wins that? No joking aside he won Manchester City's Player of the Year award for 2004/5 which he also won in the 2005-6, 2006-7 and 2007-8 seasons, becoming the first person to win City's Player of the Year award four times. Well if that don’t make him a winner. I was referring to a winning mentality, and football being a team game ,you need at least 14/15 winners all pulling in the same direction.
Obviously he’s past his sell by date now football wise. Man City are beginning to take of as we speak. To late for Dunne to get on the train, he’s not quick enough, or young enough. But I believe he would have been good enough for a place in the squad if time were on his side.

jamiegrimble said:
I was referring to a winning mentality, and football being a team game ,you need at least 14/15 winners all pulling in the same direction.
Obviously he’s past his sell by date now football wise. Man City are beginning to take of as we speak. To late for Dunne to get on the train, he’s not quick enough, or young enough. But I believe he would have been good enough for a place in the squad if time were on his side.

Dunnie doesn't have a winning mentality that's probably one of the reasons we got rid of him. Not only was it obvious on the pitch by his inability to drive us on when we needed it but it was also glaringly obvious when it was said in the press that our squad needed a winning mentality and Dunnie came out a couple of days later and said that we needed time and we shouldn't expect too much. That was very telling for me.

Personally I think Dunnie came too late if anything. If he'd have retired ebfore last season all the delusional City fans amongst us could have continued to kid themselves that he's a great defender and would have led us to glory with our new players, when the actual fact is that as soon as City started to show a bit of ambition a player with Dunne's limitations and proneness to error's days were numbered

The Fat el Hombre said:
Dunnie doesn't have a winning mentality that's probably one of the reasons we got rid of him. Not only was it obvious on the pitch by his inability to drive us on when we needed it but it was also glaringly obvious when it was said in the press that our squad needed a winning mentality and Dunnie came out a couple of days later and said that we needed time and we shouldn't expect too much. That was very telling for me.

Personally I think Dunnie came too late if anything. If he'd have retired ebfore last season all the delusional City fans amongst us could have continued to kid themselves that he's a great defender and would have led us to glory with our new players, when the actual fact is that as soon as City started to show a bit of ambition a player with Dunne's limitations and proneness to error's days were numbered

I'd have to agree with this. I mentioned it earlier Dunne might be a winner ON the pitch but he doesn't have the drive to become more successful beyond the football field, which you need to be at the top aka 'the winning mentality. Also I can't be bothered repeating myself about captaincy etc., so again you're correct in the fact Dunne appeared better than he actually was because of the team he played in, but think your criticisms of a man who gave his all for a club, which was not, let's be fair, ripping up trees while he was there, are too harsh.

Personally I'd rather sing; 'He's shit, he's shite, he nearly took us down a flight, Richard Dunne, Richard Dunne'

I'd say cheer him before the game, maybe sing his song before the game and then support City through the game is probably the best option. Anyone booing him though to me, aren't wanted, most likely the fans who have only supported City since the takeover.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I'd say cheer him before the game, maybe sing his song before the game and then support City through the game is probably the best option. Anyone booing him though to me, aren't wanted, most likely the fans who have only supported City since the takeover.

Or maybe those fans have still supported the club all their life, but have a different opinion to you and therefore think that Dunne was shit for the club and that he is by no means a Manchester City legend.

S.E.H said:

Or maybe those fans have still supported the club all their life, but have a different opinion to you and therefore think that Dunne was shit for the club and that he is by no means a Manchester City legend.
So you're gonna boo him then?

Anyone who boos Dunney is a disgrace IMO. He was forced out of the club, and rightly so as it was time for him to move on. I'd be a bit pissed off if I was him, hence his comments in the press. However he gave us 10 years service, and for at least 6 or 7 of those years he was one of our best players. So let's not forget that blues.

Lets show our appreciation of the field and make him look average on it!

S.E.H said:
So you're gonna boo him then?

Probably just wont cheer him tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.