Richard Dunne

I'm not saying he would have got us in the Champs League on his own but I do think that an in form Dunne would have made a big difference to us. An additional 4 points that season would have got us in. Lescott was shocking in his first season and Dunne was very good for Villa (as illustrated by the fact he was their player of the year and in PFA team of the year). Put it this way, I doubt that Dunne would have been replace by Lescott if Bobby had been manager at the time.

jaigurugoat said:
I'm not saying he would have got us in the Champs League on his own but I do think that an in form Dunne would have made a big difference to us. An additional 4 points that season would have got us in. Lescott was shocking in his first season and Dunne was very good for Villa (as illustrated by the fact he was their player of the year and in PFA team of the year). Put it this way, I doubt that Dunne would have been replace by Lescott if Bobby had been manager at the time.

Dunne was back to his peak years in his season at Villa, I don't think there's any doubting that. I think a change of scenery was definitely needed by that point and was best for all concerned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.