Richard Dunne

Cant remember what game it was but it was about the time the 'kick it out' campaign had just started. I was in the family stand with my lad and we had A4 sheets of paper to hold up to make a mosaic as the players walked out. O the back it said fill in with your name and address to win a signed 'kick it out' tee shirts the players had just warmed up in. In the second half lots of fans decided to make paper planes and throw at the opponents keeper lol. My son wanted to join in until I pointed out he would have more chance of winning a shirt because of the amount not entering due to making planes. So he didnt make a plane.

We filled them in and a week or so later we both got a parcil from City my son had won Dunnys shirt and I have won Danny bloody Mills , I tried to swap with my lad but he wont have it ! We only have one framed and on show ;)

One of my favourite ever city players, around him at times were players who couldn’t give a fuck and were there for a last pay day and an easy life. Dunne was loved because he wasn’t the best footballer but his attitude and application was excellent.
Wasn't that why Everton let him go, and why he problems with us early on ?

Says so much about him that he turned it around, Cooky was OOO for his comments, totally unwarranted.

Does he still hold the record for most own goals ?
Commentators lived to say "faster than he looks"

Says so much about him that he turned it around, Cooky was OOO for his comments, totally unwarranted.

Correct he didn't dpo himself any favours when first at the club.

But he was superb for us after sorting his life out.

He was a great player for us and his partnership with Distin was the best we had for years. Both were very underrated especially when together and I think they could've gone to a better club than we were at the time.

I know people will always bring up his own goals but in my mind he scored many of them by being the last player back trying to stop it going in. I'd class him more unlucky than anything but he always gave 100 per cent.

Great for us, tough tackler and he was really fast when he got going, he had a reputation as a bit of a lad drinking wise when we signed him, but big Joe Royle kept him in line - well most of the time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.