Richards, deluded Villa fans and the media....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsvoice.co.uk/2011/03/fa-cup-manchester-city-v-aston-villa-match-report-impressive-man-city-win-3-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsvoice.co.uk/2011/03/fa ... y-win-3-0/</a>

Decent article, with some kinds words to our Mario. Not proper media, but some reporters watched the match at least.

kiam06 said:
First of all I want to give Micah Richards credit as I have been one to question him but recently he has been on top form and is showing all the passion and commitment we need at the moment.

Secondly what is all this media nonsense about Aston Villa not playing their first team last night, they seem to have put a spin on it to imply that if they,d have had the likes of Downing and Young playing they'd have beaten us comfortably but they seem to have forgotten that we beat their so called first team 4-0 on December 28th, also we were missing far more influential players last night such as Kompany, De Jong, Johnson etc not to mention starting Tevez on the bench.

Am I being paranoid or is it Manchester City are banned from receiving any credit when they play well?

For the record to any Aston Villa fans on here I thought you were a poor side to be honest, both your first team in December and last nights looked pretty average to me but you do have a couple of good youngsters ie Bannan but you are no longer a force and are in the Nottingham Forest and Leeds United category these days.
How can they be in the Nottm Forest and Leeds Utd category?

Dom38 said:
http://www.sportsvoice.co.uk/2011/03/fa-cup-manchester-city-v-aston-villa-match-report-impressive-man-city-win-3-0/

Decent article, with some kinds words to our Mario. Not proper media, but some reporters watched the match at least.

Good, fair article, I agree.

However, not completely accurate; it was not Dunnie's first return to CoMS.

And Zabs was at left back, article puts him at right back, but nvm.

who cares? p.s if richards doesn't get in the england squad in this form he never will

Well it was a weakened team and if you play your best players, you have more chance of winning or drawing. If people actually said 'we would of won with these players'....then that is idiotic comments but to say we would of been significantly stronger is a fair comment, our strongest team is.

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Dunne Clark

Albrighton Makoun Coker Downing

Young

Bent.

only Dunne, Clark and Friedel started (although Makoun/Bent were suspended/cup tied)

Man City were also without key players but there is a significant difference in that you take out Tevez and can bring in Balotelli, we take out Bent and we have Heskey.

I don't think we would of beaten you to be honest whatever team but I don't think anyone has really said that. As for Forest/Leeds comment, WTF?

We beat their first team at home 4-0 and beat their second string 3-0 at home maybe they wanna concentrate getting a 3rd team that has a chance to beat us at home.

Freestyler said:
we smashed them 4-0 with their best team, and it could have been more than 4, some forget that.

It wasn't our best team, also at a time confidence was rock bottom.

If you look at our best team right now, only Friedel, Cuellar, Albrighton, Reo-Coker, Downing played in that 0-4 loss. No Bent, Young, Dunne, Makoun, Walker, Clark..

brianstrousersnake said:
kiam06 said:
First of all I want to give Micah Richards credit as I have been one to question him but recently he has been on top form and is showing all the passion and commitment we need at the moment.

Secondly what is all this media nonsense about Aston Villa not playing their first team last night, they seem to have put a spin on it to imply that if they,d have had the likes of Downing and Young playing they'd have beaten us comfortably but they seem to have forgotten that we beat their so called first team 4-0 on December 28th, also we were missing far more influential players last night such as Kompany, De Jong, Johnson etc not to mention starting Tevez on the bench.

Am I being paranoid or is it Manchester City are banned from receiving any credit when they play well?

For the record to any Aston Villa fans on here I thought you were a poor side to be honest, both your first team in December and last nights looked pretty average to me but you do have a couple of good youngsters ie Bannan but you are no longer a force and are in the Nottingham Forest and Leeds United category these days.
How can they be in the Nottm Forest and Leeds Utd category?

Jesus! Nottingham forest/Leeds category? so were City of that category when they hanging around 2 leagues below the top tier?

such arrogance remember where you came from

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.