Richards Interview (The Sun With Quotes)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-convinced-they-can-land-unhappy-20m-man-city-defender-richards-1372741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... ds-1372741</a>

Now i know it's bollox -20m???

Off,hands and snap spring to mind!

FantasyIreland said:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-convinced-they-can-land-unhappy-20m-man-city-defender-richards-1372741

20m is a good amount for an average player like Richards. Why don't we just move on and sell this overrated balloon and buy a new top, young, fast, and good technical right back at more reasonable price from aboard instead, i.e. Van der Wiel (Ajax).

bluethai said:
FantasyIreland said:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-convinced-they-can-land-unhappy-20m-man-city-defender-richards-1372741

20m is a good amount for an average player like Richards. Why don't we just move on and sell this overrated balloon and buy a new top, young, fast, and good technical right back at more reasonable price from aboard instead, i.e. Van der Wiel (Ajax).

Because underneath it all,as with Ireland,there are all the attributes of a top player.
He's an academy product made good back to the days of Keegan,Flood,and Jordan.There's still a certain amount of nostalgia and romaticism about him "coming through the ranks."
Trouble is,like Ireland,over the last couple of seasons he's often appeared to have an easily-turned head,a pea-sized brain and a questionable attitude.
Whether this is simply another case of young lad bursting onto the scene,then earning too much money and forgetting what got him there in the first place is another question...but he's rapidly reaching the age where he's got to start walking the walk.
Would we miss him?I doubt it.Just seems to be a touch under top class.More in his head than anything.He's a foot too slow in the brain.
But then would I be suprised if he joined another team like spuds or Arsenal and turned into one of the best right-backs in the world?

Absloutely not.And that's the Richards enigma.

RBmk2 said:
Because underneath it all,as with Ireland,there are all the attributes of a top player.
He's an academy product made good back to the days of Keegan,Flood,and Jordan.There's still a certain amount of nostalgia and romaticism about him "coming through the ranks."
Trouble is,like Ireland,over the last couple of seasons he's often appeared to have an easily-turned head,a pea-sized brain and a questionable attitude.
Whether this is simply another case of young lad bursting onto the scene,then earning too much money and forgetting what got him there in the first place is another question...but he's rapidly reaching the age where he's got to start walking the walk.
Would we miss him?I doubt it.Just seems to be a touch under top class.More in his head than anything.He's a foot too slow in the brain.
But then would I be suprised if he joined another team like spuds or Arsenal and turned into one of the best right-backs in the world?

A very fair assessment.

RBmk2 said:
bluethai said:

Spot on though.

Da_Blu_Moona said:
Micah Richards please leave I will carry you to a destination of your choosing. Please please please please let this be true so we can finally burden him onto another club. His shitness knows no limits, he would make a better professional wrestler. I hope we sell him.

Let him go and bring Nedum back.

You represent everything I detest about football fans. Abusive , ignorant and bombastic. Self important and big mouthed .

The limit of your football knowledge is "his shitness knows no bounds".

You have to laugh I suppose

I never saw micah make a cross. I've never seen him make a smart pass

have seen you?

Mancio said:

have seen you?

Hence,why no one believes he is anywhere near the finished article or has even lived up to expectation,however,recent performances and,what appears to be,a change in his attitude,must surely warrant him a 'second chance' to prove his worth and many wrong.

FantasyIreland said:
Mancio said:

have seen you?

Hence,why no one believes he is anywhere near the finished article or has even lived up to expectation,however,recent performances and,what appears to be,a change in his attitude,must surely warrant him a 'second chance' to prove his worth and many wrong.

I rephrase my question: do you never see something that Micah made you think "this guy has class" or "this guy has gift for football, has good fundamentals?

I do not.

and class is something or you have or you dont have. dont come with train.

Mancio said:
[I rephrase my question: do you never see something that Micah made you think "this guy has class" or "this guy has gift for football, has good fundamentals?

I do not.

and class is something or you have or you dont have. dont come with train.

Actually,yes i do,but there lies the problem.

We all know Richards has raw natural athleticism and could be amazing,however,the frustating aspect being,he often lets himself down with such things as decison making,positional sense or dips in concentration.

I'm sure these are problems that can be rectified or,at least,improved through good tuition,i hope so anyway as i believe the prodigy that came out of the academy is beginning to re-emerge and show the form we all expected.

Losing him now,i believe,will be making a mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.