Richards Interview (The Sun With Quotes)

RBmk2 said:
But then would I be suprised if he joined another team like spuds or Arsenal and turned into one of the best right-backs in the world?

Absloutely not.And that's the Richards enigma.
Personally, I'd be astounded if he miraculously turned into one of the best right backs in the world, because he simply doesn't have the mental capacity or stamina for it to happen.

I'd be more than happy for Micah to stay at City as he can play an important role in the SQUAD. But it sums his fragile mentality up perfectly that after a few good performances following two years of mediocre shite he is bigging himself up in the tabloids.

You get the impression that if Micah took up golf, he'd think he'd have cracked it when he finally hits an alright shot. You've improved slightly this season Micah, well done. But there is still a long, long way to go and you're going to have to work hard for the rest of your career, not just for a few weeks.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see him ever becoming more than a slightly better-than-average right back, so I wouldn't stand in his way if he's unhappy at being a squad player and someone is willing to pay decent money for him. We certainly wouldn't be risking him turning into one of the best right backs in the world.

Didsbury Dave said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:
Micah Richards please leave I will carry you to a destination of your choosing. Please please please please let this be true so we can finally burden him onto another club. His shitness knows no limits, he would make a better professional wrestler. I hope we sell him.

Let him go and bring Nedum back.

You represent everything I detest about football fans. Abusive , ignorant and bombastic. Self important and big mouthed .

The limit of your football knowledge is "his shitness knows no bounds".

You have to laugh I suppose

Oh and making judgements on the character of other people and detracting from the topic of the thread to make your personal attack on someone you don't even know makes you.............. a hypocrite!

Here was me, making my opinions on Richards and his extremely limited footballing ability be known and then you came along and just personified all of the things you accuse me of being. The irony!

I used to look out for your posts as well Didsbury Dave, thought you always had something constructive to say. I'm just going to put it down to you having a bad day.

Dubai Blue said:
RBmk2 said:
But then would I be suprised if he joined another team like spuds or Arsenal and turned into one of the best right-backs in the world?

Absloutely not.And that's the Richards enigma.
Personally, I'd be astounded if he miraculously turned into one of the best right backs in the world, because he simply doesn't have the mental capacity or stamina for it to happen.

I'd be more than happy for Micah to stay at City as he can play an important role in the SQUAD. But it sums his fragile mentality up perfectly that after a few good performances following two years of mediocre shite he is bigging himself up in the tabloids.

You get the impression that if Micah took up golf, he'd think he'd have cracked it when he finally hits an alright shot. You've improved slightly this season Micah, well done. But there is still a long, long way to go and you're going to have to work hard for the rest of your career, not just for a few weeks.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see him ever becoming more than a slightly better-than-average right back, so I wouldn't stand in his way if he's unhappy at being a squad player and someone is willing to pay decent money for him. We certainly wouldn't be risking him turning into one of the best right backs in the world.

With respect, I think that the sweeping generalizations people are making about Micah are deeply flawed. You say he hasn't got the mental capacity or stamina to be a top right back for example - what makes you say that? To question his mentality especially seems mighty strange to me. He broke into the England set up at 17, and then was summarily dropped. His career so far has been stop start at best - and at club level much of that is down to the massive shift in expectations from when he broke into the first team, rather than his actually ability as a player.

He is a player who "old" City would be grateful to have. I get that he's not good enough right now to play week in and week out at the very top level - what I don't get is why that needs to be translated into a thread full of character assassinations.

BillyShears said:
Dubai Blue said:

With respect, I think that the sweeping generalizations people are making about Micah are deeply flawed. You say he hasn't got the mental capacity or stamina to be a top right back for example - what makes you say that? To question his mentality especially seems mighty strange to me. He broke into the England set up at 17, and then was summarily dropped. His career so far has been stop start at best - and at club level much of that is down to the massive shift in expectations from when he broke into the first team, rather than his actually ability as a player.

He is a player who "old" City would be grateful to have. I get that he's not good enough right now to play week in and week out at the very top level - what I don't get is why that needs to be translated into a thread full of character assassinations.
I provided an example in my post. He had two awful seasons and is admittedly now improving again. However, he continues to make mistakes and get caught hopelessly out of position. Yet despite this, here he is jumping up and down at the front of the class shouting "ooooh teacher, teacher, look at me. Aren't I really good for finally knuckling down for a few weeks and proving that I might have some potential after all." It's needy and completely unnecessary, and in my opinion, a sign of someone who lacks the mental fortitude to make it at the very top.

If he was saying this after having kept his head down and playing consistently well whenever called upon for a whole season, I wouldn't have any problem. But he thinks he's been playing well, whereas I just think he's showing signs of improvement from what was a very poor base level, and I certainly don't see it as reason enough to be bigging himself up.

He is the prime example of the modern day footballer having too much too soon.

Driving Ferrari's and being on a £50,000 a week contract at the age of 20 you need to consistantly walk the walk and i don't believe he has done that

Whichever team he thinks he can join, there is the same risk of playing less than he'd like. Chelsea will probably move Ivanovic back to RB when Alex recovers. Fabio looks stronger and stronger for Utd.

And City have previously shown that they are more than capable of holding players to their contract.

Add the timing, bleating about not playing a day after starting in the biggest game of the season, and the whole thing makes him look a bit foolish.

Bravo, Max!

FantasyIreland said:
Mancio said:
[I rephrase my question: do you never see something that Micah made you think "this guy has class" or "this guy has gift for football, has good fundamentals?

I do not.

and class is something or you have or you dont have. dont come with train.

Actually,yes i do,but there lies the problem.

We all know Richards has raw natural athleticism and could be amazing,however,the frustating aspect being,he often lets himself down with such things as decison making,positional sense or dips in concentration.

I'm sure these are problems that can be rectified or,at least,improved through good tuition,i hope so anyway as i believe the prodigy that came out of the academy is beginning to re-emerge and show the form we all expected.

Losing him now,i believe,will be making a mistake.

it seem to me we are not understanding each other.

you are talking about things like " decison making,positional sense or dips in concentration" that can be improved with time and train.

i'm , instead , talking about things like skills , touch of ball , ability to cross a ball , to be gifted , ie things that at age 22 or have or have not. things that can not be improved by time and training.

The questions are:

is good as player? yes.

is he good as RFB ? yes

is good for sunderland or stoke or the 3 years ago City ? yes

is good for real madrid or barcelona? NO

and then, if he is NOT good for Barcelona and Real Madrid is not good even for the new City. becouse the current (and future) benchmark for the players are no more stoke or wigan or aston villa , the benchmark now is the top of world teams.

Mancio,i think we are understanding each other just fine.
I'm reasonably happy with Richards' footballing ability,he could be better definitely,however,i don't believe that is the aspect of his game that is keeping him out of the side,imo,it's the other stuff i mentioned.

Besides,i was never not touting him as the best right back in the league,or currently,even at our club,however,as a squad player he is more than useful and for that reason should be kept.

Zaba,who is widely regarded,and i include myself in this view,as the best RB option we have,is hardly the pass master......

So with the above in mind,and considering Mancini's probable need for attacking skillful fullbacks,do you believe we need to enter the transfer market?

I thought we were past this now with players in the papers, Can't players see that they are part of the bigger picture and his time will come?

I always thought why he isn't been giving chances but with a stunt like this i am with bobby and don't think he is ready yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.