Richards overlooked for Martin Kelly

I think it's in Richard's best interests to get his head down and continue to work hard on his game. If he improves his performances for us next season as much as he did last season then he won't have anything to worry about I feel. Besides, there's no point kicking up a fuss, England could have a new manager before you know it.

Apparently Kieran Trippier who we sold to Burnley for a small fee in January was in consideration for a call up. Trippier is wanted by Newcastle only four months after we got rid of him.

LoveCity said:
Apparently Kieran Trippier who we sold to Burnley for a small fee in January was in consideration for a call up. Trippier is wanted by Newcastle only four months after we got rid of him.
Dont think he is far behind Kelly to be honest. Probably at the same level if not better

LoveCity said:

We should have kept him, watched him for years and was absoloutley gutted when he left, cannot believe we sold him

This is a national disgrace.

There can be no football reason why Micah is being left out.

I have no problem with this decision.

Micah was overlooked for the original selection. He should have been selected.

However, Hodgson has stated that Kelly is there solely for cover. Once the match has finished he will be returning. There is every likelihood he won't get any minutes on the pitch. It's not an avenue to joining the Euro 2012 squad.

I think Hodgson wouldn't have wanted to rub Micah's nose it more by saying ''Hey Micah, come and join the squad as backup for this friendly - then go back afterwards.''

There is no way Micah would have played, anyway. The team selected will be from the squad that is going to the Euros. It is not about the result. Purely finding a team/pattern that will take to the field for the opening match versus France.

For that reason alone, I can understand why Micah wasn't asked to come along as cover this weekend.

mccity said:
I think it's in Richard's best interests to get his head down and continue to work hard on his game. If he improves his performances for us next season as much as he did last season then he won't have anything to worry about I feel. Besides, there's no point kicking up a fuss, England could have a new manager before you know it.

I don't see what you're basing that on. Micah is currently either 5th choice or worse in Hodgson's thinking which is clearly ridiculous. There has to be something else going on, in which case I assume Micah could be the best right back in the world and Hodgson might well still not pick him. I don't think Micah should retire from international football as he would lose the moral high ground in all this but he may as well resign himself to not being picked while Hodgson is manager.

bluebannana said:
LoveCity said:

We should have kept him, watched him for years and was absoloutley gutted when he left, cannot believe we sold him
I was disapointed but I wasnt gutted he was 22 and he was never going to get a game ahead of Zaba and Micah it was best for him to leave

Well England are not going anywhere internationally whereas City are. Let Micah focus on domestic competitions and he will get the praise and plaudits.

I am glad Micah isn't in our shambles of a national team. When we come home after the group stages let other players be demoralised and tired. City fans/football fans know how good Micah is. He won't be able to showcase his talent at any high international level eg WC Final any time soon so what's the point.

RANT OVER!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.