Richards, Zabaleta and Bridge under threat - Mail

No mention of signing a real commanding centre-half to stop all these sides scorin' all these headers against us then?

black mamba said:
No mention of signing a real commanding centre-half to stop all these sides scorin' all these headers against us then?

Bit harsh Mamba...I think we should give the Toure Lescott partnership a little more time. I think they may well grow into the partnership we desire in the coming months. On top of that, I think that adding another centre back would block Nedum's path to the first team even more. If he can stay fit, he is severe competition for both of them...

Richards, Zabaleta and Bridge under threat
2399386867_416ac29fab.jpg

I've read another couple of football blogs talking about this, reckon its just journos picking the easy targets in the side to replace - with our backing no player is financially off limits

RealMancsAreBlue said:
Cheltblue said:
So now Huighes talks to the Daily Fail instead of the OS............ dont think so, Lazyman is McGarry in disguise.

Hughes is going to write ''Im getting rid of Micah 'I do a lot of work for charity' Richards, Wayne Bridge and Pablo Zabaleta'' on the official site is he ?..............

No. But neither is he going to go gabbing it to some tosser from the Daily Fail

We'll certainly need better fullbacks if we're going to the top, Micah is the poorest of the three mentioned as he lacks a football brain (in both defence and attack) and couldn't pass water. I also question our defensive coaching.

BillyShears said:
black mamba said:

Bit harsh Mamba...I think we should give the Toure Lescott partnership a little more time. I think they may well grow into the partnership we desire in the coming months. On top of that, I think that adding another centre back would block Nedum's path to the first team even more. If he can stay fit, he is severe competition for both of them...
Whilst I agree with much of what you say, none of those three are suddenly going to turn into vociferous, domineering centre halves who will grab their counterparts by the scruff of the neck and get them organised. I think each of them needs a commanding leader next to them to get the best out of them. Kompany's probably the closest personality we have to that at the moment.

I said last week that if I was going to add anything to the current squad, it would be a commanding centre half and two top-notch full-backs. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with what we have now, but those are the key areas that can be improved on in my opinion. GK is fine, midfield is fine (perhaps add a playmaker), and up front is fine.

ahh, good...

were keeping garrido then.

i hope the others stay though, although i think 1 of the right backs will leave, maybe on loan, along with garrido.

i think there's some truth in it. I can see new RB and LB arriving, maybe not both in january but def by summer. Zab will be back up, Bridge can fight for his place. Richard's can be a dipper DJ by night and leave their right exposed by day.

keemcfc said:
ahh, good...

were keeping garrido then.

i hope the others stay though, although i think 1 of the right backs will leave, maybe on loan, along with garrido.
I think that whoever comes in, Bridge and Zab will remain as they are both very good players. Richards depends entirely on Hughes; if it's true he doesn't like his attitude then he won't be around for much longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.