Richards

blue jim said:
Onouha has sat waiting on his chance and we're going to lose him if we don't play him, he's got as much potential as Richards does.

Richards may have looked sharp sometimes today, but he lost it and that fucked us over, you rarely see world class defenders losing concentration even for a second, and Richards will never reach that standard if he doesn't buck up his ideas. Ireland has got his head straight, set the example lad!
I disagree with you on a couple of points there. Never have seen in Onouha the same potential I see in Richards. Richards looked like if his descent continued he could have been an England regular for years to come - I've never thought that about Onouha. I'm not saying Onouha is a poor player or even that he doesn't deserve his chance, I'm sure he does, I'm just saying that in terms of potential he's behind Richards.

The second point is that I've seen many a world class defenders mess up and cost their team goals and points - they're in a position where mistakes are more costly than anywhere else on the park. I'm certainly not excusing Richards' switching off for the last five minutes of every game, but the lad is still young and he will make mistakes (look at Adams in his younger days and Ferdinand when he first went to united).

Sometimes young players need a rest, he's clearly suffering from a lack of concentration at the moment and a couple of weeks out of the firing line would do him the world of good.

feedthegoat said:
Sometimes young players need a rest, he's clearly suffering from a lack of concentration at the moment and a couple of weeks out of the firing line would do him the world of good.
Tough, he aint gonna get that he needs a kick up the arse he was shite today going backwards in my opinion, needs to sort his head out

Wooderbeen said:
blue jim said:
Onouha has sat waiting on his chance and we're going to lose him if we don't play him, he's got as much potential as Richards does.

Richards may have looked sharp sometimes today, but he lost it and that fucked us over, you rarely see world class defenders losing concentration even for a second, and Richards will never reach that standard if he doesn't buck up his ideas. Ireland has got his head straight, set the example lad!
I disagree with you on a couple of points there. Never have seen in Onouha the same potential I see in Richards. Richards looked like if his descent continued he could have been an England regular for years to come - I've never thought that about Onouha. I'm not saying Onouha is a poor player or even that he doesn't deserve his chance, I'm sure he does, I'm just saying that in terms of potential he's behind Richards.

The second point is that I've seen many a world class defenders mess up and cost their team goals and points - they're in a position where mistakes are more costly than anywhere else on the park. I'm certainly not excusing Richards' switching off for the last five minutes of every game, but the lad is still young and he will make mistakes (look at Adams in his younger days and Ferdinand when he first went to united).
He hasnt had nearly the same chance or faith put into him as Richards has, but the potential is there. Let him get a few games over Richards and see how he stands, because at the minute with Richards' performances arent losing out on much.

Richards has done it numerous times this season, as has Dunne, TBH, Garrido, Zab, our defence is awful this season and something isnt clicking. Ofcourse Richards is going to make mistakes, but we need a bigger squad to show if you switch off like that, you are expendable.

Wooderbeen said:
To be fair, I thought up until the last few minutes Richards looked sharper than I've seen him for months - though I am conscious he was up against two pretty poor strikers.

both of whom managed to score against us!!!

alib said:
Wooderbeen said:
To be fair, I thought up until the last few minutes Richards looked sharper than I've seen him for months - though I am conscious he was up against two pretty poor strikers.

I stand by my original assessment that Moore and Bednar are two poor Premier League strikers.

Wooderbeen said:
alib said:
I stand by my original assessment that Moore and Bednar are two poor Premier League strikers.

so what does that say about our defence?

blue jim said:
Wooderbeen said:

He hasnt had nearly the same chance or faith put into him as Richards has, but the potential is there. Let him get a few games over Richards and see how he stands, because at the minute with Richards' performances arent losing out on much.

Richards has done it numerous times this season, as has Dunne, TBH, Garrido, Zab, our defence is awful this season and something isnt clicking. Ofcourse Richards is going to make mistakes, but we need a bigger squad to show if you switch off like that, you are expendable.
I certainly agree that a spell on the bench might not be a bad thing for Richards and I'm also in agreement that under those circumstances Hughes could do a lot worse than giving young Nedum his chance. I just don't know about his long term potential to be a starter in our defence. You're right, his opportunities have been limited, so maybe I'm being a tad harsh but I've never really seen anything in him to believe he could be the answer to our problems.

No footballing ability.
No footballing brain.

Just strength and pace is all he has ever been.

His pace has got him out of situations he put himself in by not having a clue how to posistion himself but even now he has seemed to have lost that.

He looks to bulky and is giving off a atiitude of "oh well, im enjoying playing football and getting 50k a week - BONUS"

Never rated him as much as others and he needs a spell on the bench and learn to grow the fuck up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.