Rico Lewis and Oscar bobb

The reason he wasn't on the pitch so much, was more down to the fact we had a virtually fully fit squad, and were trying to win trophies. It's very hard to start in our team at the best of times, especially with everyone more or less fit, even Pep can only pick 11 players.

So, as talented as Lewis is (and just as fit with his youth), he couldn't oust Walker??

'If he's good enough'... blah blah, right?

How does this negate the point in my post?
You claim that he is the same as Zinchenko (who came here didn't play, and went on loan), 50 appearances already and still 2 younger than Zinchenko before he made a start, suggests he's considered far better already.

He's still learning, and his 'jack of all trades' as you put it, might be purely down to that, neither of us know what Pep is saying to him in training, or what Pep plans for him, but with 50 appearances at 19 Pep clearly rates him far higher than he did Zinchenko.

You claim that he is the same as Zinchenko (who came here didn't play, and went on loan), 50 appearances already and still 2 younger than Zinchenko before he made a start, suggests he's considered far better already.

He's still learning, and his 'jack of all trades' as you put it, might be purely down to that, neither of us know what Pep is saying to him in training, or what Pep plans for him, but with 50 appearances at 19 Pep clearly rates him far higher than he did Zinchenko.

Wait, Zinchenko didn't play as left sided defender/ utility for us at all??

Maybe I'm imagining his tenure with us!

Walker has experience in the more difficult moments of a season, and was also the captain.

Anyway seems you don't like Rico much for some reason, I'm happy to wait see what happens with him, but I doubt he'll be going on loan anywhere.

I don't 'dislike' Lewis. I've, clearly, stated he's never a Right Back and he's not ever a DM. He'll never play alongside Rodri as CM, which leaves him as utility or as a spare AM.

I state this as he has problems with spatial awareness and gets attracted to the ball, believing he can win it, rather than block off his marked player's path to the ball and doesn't have the recovery speed to make up ground on the wing.

That same positioning problem is the same at DM, so doesn't have the nous for CM... at this stage (if he doesn't have the acumen to solve that by now, he won't in the future).

That's why I gave him grace at AM, because his shortcomings won't be as detrimental there and he can press from the front, which he's actually good at.

Make or break season for both players I feel. Personally don’t see either of them being here long-term but genuinely hope I’m wrong. Especially with Rico.

The problem is they're both tiny and we already have a tiny lad in Foden that people want playing in the middle. Away at Villa is a glimpse of what happens when you have too many on the pitch at once. Don't rate Doku in the slightest so I'd give his game time to Blobb.

Kevin Keegan snapped up SWP after his club released him because he was too small as had happened to Keegan himself a few decades previous. Love a good little un.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.