Rico Lewis and Oscar bobb

With Savio coming I think Oscar could possibly do a Palmer. I see Rico here long term though. He's so versatile.

That’s a possibility but he doesn’t need to go anywhere yet. Palmer wanted away for a couple of years.

Pep really likes Bobb. Hopefully he will be happy to stay and learn from the best.

There’s a very good footballer in Rico. I really hope he’s part of our future.
He’s a very willing runner. The question is whether he has the brain to overcome his shortcomings, not the least of which is his height and strength on the ball.

Cue the David and Bernardo Silva references, but behave! If he was anything like either, no-one would wonder why he was barely on the pitch for the business end of the season.

As anyone knows from watching Pep’s teams for the last X number of years, it’s the head that is often the problem, because decision-making and movement within the system are basic requirements, esp in key positions where losing the ball can be very expensive.

I hope Rico progresses and fills out physically (even though I know he works out with his Dad), because I think he has the ability, as he matures, to become a vital squad player if he can nail down the mental requirements and couple them with some bite.

He’s a very willing runner. The question is whether he has the brain to overcome his shortcomings, not the least of which is his height and strength on the ball.

Cue the David and Bernardo Silva references, but behave! If he was anything like either, no-one would wonder why he was barely on the pitch for the business end of the season.

As anyone knows from watching Pep’s teams for the last X number of years, it’s the head that is often the problem, because decision-making and movement within the system are basic requirements, esp in key positions where losing the ball can be very expensive.

I hope Rico progresses and fills out physically (even though I know he works out with his Dad), because I think he has the ability, as he matures, to become a vital squad player if he can nail down the mental requirements and couple them with some bite.
Think it'll come down to his desire to play week in and out, he'll forever be a utility player here.

I love them both as players and at the age they are I hope there's a mutual patience. Rico has a versatility and nouse that will only grow. Bobb is so hungry, great movement, and has shown real flashes of brilliance. With it not panning out Delap and McAtee, Palmer gone and Borges gone, they are the best Academy hopes - and imo it's healthy for us to be using players we've developed, especially when they're from the area like Rico.

Being a 'jack of all trades, but master of none' is not going to help Lewis' cause to break in to the first team regular.

He's just a Manc 'Zinchenko' and we all know Zinchenko was never good enough to be a first teamer, but helped bail us out in a pinch. Zinny got about the same amount of games, give or take, as a starter on average.

Let's have it right.

Lewis, last year, enabled Walker to have a rest and solve his personal life issues.

That was it.

If he was anything like either, no-one would wonder why he was barely on the pitch for the business end of the season.
The reason he wasn't on the pitch so much, was more down to the fact we had a virtually fully fit squad, and were trying to win trophies. It's very hard to start in our team at the best of times, especially with everyone more or less fit, even Pep can only pick 11 players.

Being a 'jack of all trades, but master of none' is not going to help Lewis' cause to break in to the first team regular.

He's just a Manc 'Zinchenko' and we all know Zinchenko was never good enough to be a first teamer, but helped bail us out in a pinch. Zinny got about the same amount of games, give or take, as a starter on average.

Let's have it right.

Lewis, last year, enabled Walker to have a rest and solve his personal life issues.

That was it.
Rico is still 2 years younger than when Zinchenko first made a City appearance, and has already made 50 appearances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.