Rico Lewis and Oscar bobb

Pep gave Lewis a shiny new contract last season up until 2008
I know you meant 2028, but if you think that means he will be here until then, I don’t know what to tell you. If someone comes in for him at a decent price, the contract will merely help keep the price up. Almost every player that ever leaves has time left on their contract. That’s how you get a fee for them!

Or, maybe Kalvin Phillips is going to have to stay for another 5 yrs after all???

P.S. I’m not saying I want neither of them to leave, as I like them both. I just wonder if they’re Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG First XI players? That’s the standard we are at. I hope they rise up to meet it.

The problem is they're both tiny and we already have a tiny lad in Foden that people want playing in the middle. Away at Villa is a glimpse of what happens when you have too many on the pitch at once. Don't rate Doku in the slightest so I'd give his game time to Blobb.
“Don’t rate Doku in the slightest…. “

I think that puts you in a very small minority of City fans.

Agreed, and having just watched Walker’s performance for England I think it’s time to let Rico play the right back role, stepping into midfield moving forwards.

So... Why does Guardiola disagree with you...??

Your eagle eyes on Lewis' performances shows you he would have ousted Walker ( a very tired Walker for that matter) from the team in the latter stages of the season. What do YOU think Guardiola saw to stick with Walker on the right?

Maybe he realises Walker isn't going to get any quicker but, perhaps, he sees Lewis is not going to improve his speed nor his sense of positioning either. Bearing in mind Walker, in his declining years, is FAAAR quicker than Lewis at the crucial time.

Based on those options, who would you continue to pick?

I don't understand why posters are taking Guardiola's words on players ability as something he means directly.

He's a manager. He's, acutely, aware of downplaying a player under his wing and what that would do for confidence or future accessibility mentally.

He's hardly likely to say 'yeah, he's not very good at x, y, z but other than that, he's great!'!

Even with Cancelo, the problem with him, to Guardiola, was not his ability and avoided speaking on that issue.

So, yes, he's going to blow smoke up all of his players arses as he manages a small team to perform and run through brick walls for him.

That doesn't mean that a long contract means they have plans for them, long term, but protecting the investment.

With that said, I think Bobb has the ability to reinvent where and how he plays in the forward line. Lewis is limited; he's certainly not a RB and as DM he'd be a liability, so AM is probably his calling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.