Ridiculous things from City's history

Didn't Fowler miss a pen in a last game of a season that would have meant we qualified for one of the minor European competitions?

Story from a very reliable source once told me Wolves had told Daley he could leave as soon as we upped our bid to £750k, and Daley confirmed that a few years ago - and that he'd got a 10 year contract that basically would keep him with us to the end of his career. How that got up to the best part of £1.5m is anyone's guess....

The story Big Mal told - and Swales never denied - was that he agreed a fee with Wolves, but when P. J. met their chairman, he suggested that City make it a record-breaking amount. Of course, the Wolves' chairman wasn't going to say "No".

Yes he did, but that was not the most ridiculous thing that happened in that game!
You do have to wonder how Jon Macken felt that game. Get warmed up we desperately need a goal. Up pops Macken, our only forward on the bench, and Pearce says, not you Jon!
With that and 'Beenie' I can't believe he's even vaguely still in the game let alone having been let loose with the U-21s, being a 'pundit' and he still applies for managerial jobs!

You do have to wonder how Jon Macken felt that game. Get warmed up we desperately need a goal. Up pops Macken, our only forward on the bench, and Pearce says, not you Jon!
With that and 'Beenie' I can't believe he's even vaguely still in the game let alone having been let loose with the U-21s, being a 'pundit' and he still applies for managerial jobs!
And let's not forget that this game was chosen to launch City's new third kit and so we had the ridiculous situation where we came out for a crucial match wearing a 3rd choice kit at home. Unbelievable!

Trautmann testimonial. All tickets sold, old Kippax rammed, crowd given as 45000. My own estimate was 60000+.
Some years later, the club sheepishly paid Bert some extra.

Oh, and Setters scored an own goal past Bert, a real beaut from 15 yards into the top corner.

And let's not forget that this game was chosen to launch City's new third kit and so we had the ridiculous situation where we came out for a crucial match wearing a 3rd choice kit at home. Unbelievable!
Although, it is the stuff that makes you stronger. Look at us now. Finishing 3rd or 4th and half the forum is suicidal. I often think many of us, secretly at least, would have quite liked the take over not to have happened and we'd have happily been the Manchester version of Everton (or indeed Liverpool).
Personally, if we never win anything else, 93.20 was worth all of it for me. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be, that's for sure.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.