Ridiculous things from City's history

Niall Quinn having to run from the changing room to tell the team they needed to score to stay up when Alan Ball had told them they needed a draw.
Jamie Pollock's own goal
Thaksin having to stand in the South Stand for a match after he was ousted. i got a picture with him that day it was against the rags. Came up on my facebook memories on saturday i think
The fire drill during Francis Lee's first AGM at the Bridgewater Hall

The pissing next to Thaskin in the bogs was probably 'globally' for want of a better word the weirdest thing ever. Saviour/mass murderer stood in those bogs with all sorts of fans, fucking balmy.

I still can't work out why he was there and how he ended up in 117's bogs, did city tell him to fuck off and he got tout tickets? Did he know where he was going? it'd have been top if he thought he was going into the Legends Lounge.

The pissing next to Thaskin in the bogs was probably 'globally' for want of a better word the weirdest thing ever. Saviour/mass murderer stood in those bogs with all sorts of fans, fucking balmy.

I still can't work out why he was there and how he ended up in 117's bogs, did city tell him to fuck off and he got tout tickets? Did he know where he was going? it'd have been top if he thought he was going into the Legends Lounge.
Was he having a crafty fag?

And let's not forget that this game was chosen to launch City's new third kit and so we had the ridiculous situation where we came out for a crucial match wearing a 3rd choice kit at home. Unbelievable!
I wrote to Alistair Mackintosh and asked him who made the decision to play an extremely vital game in next seasons away shirt.
He replied that it was a decision endorsed by all at the club including manager Pearce.
I replied that he hadn't answered the question posed and I requested to be given the name of the individual who put the idea about for everyone to "endorse" but he gave the same stock answer.
Never before have I seen a team walk out to a deflated crowd.... I actually boo'd.... tried to get a chant going "we want blue, we want blue" but getting chants started in the family stand is a tough deal!

When manager of the month meant exactly that... Three managers we had in a month!

The chairman on a long holiday as we're fighting to avoid relegation. 'I'd rather be in Barnsley than Barbados'... remember?

A few people on Twitter have done threads with tweets about ridiculous stories from their club's past.

Im sure we can think of some decent City ones.

First one that jumped into my mind was sticking David James up front when chasing that goal vs Boro in 2005.

Example of Newcastle's (click on link):

I'll tweet whatever we can come up with.
me and my mate was talking about this a few weeks back. Imagine what our sub striker (macken?) Was thinking. He must sat there thinking, i must be fucking terrible.

Jamie Pollock og .......some saviour!

Same game I think City keeper cleared the ball for a throw in, picked the ball up himself and Vinny Jones asked him for it and was presented with the ball. Jones then bounced the ball of the keeper's retreating back and tapped it to a teammate for an open goal. Without these 2 goals City would have stayed up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.