Right. So we are the new chelsea

blueinsa said:
Fuck all like Chelsea.

Some right fucking hysterical posters on here at the moment, regurgitating every sound bite they hear in the media as if its fact!

Get a fucking grip, Bob was the 4th longest serving manager in the PL (iirc) and had 3.5 years with us which is about the length of time a manager does if he is very lucky.

He had reached the end of his shelf life and as a club we move onwards and upwards.
Totally agree with the first three lines and I suspect the last is is probably true, for reasons that extend beyond performances on the pitch.

I guess whoever delivered our first trophy for 35 years, and our first title in 44 years, was always going to be beyond criticism to some of our supporters, but life isn't that simple.

Loyalty is an important quality in football, but it isn't the most important. You can have too much loyalty, you can't have too much success per se.

Football management is a cruel, brutal, high stakes mistress, but I'm certain Roberto will manage another club, because he loves the job, the power it confers and it is because it is very well rewarded. That should answer any absurd notions that this has damaged him too greatly. He will walk into another job at some point, a beneficiary of someone else's misfortune. Someone else who could point to all the good he has done, because life isn't that simple.

Especially the life of a football manager, the life he has chosen.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
blueinsa said:
Fuck all like Chelsea.

Some right fucking hysterical posters on here at the moment, regurgitating every sound bite they hear in the media as if its fact!

Get a fucking grip, Bob was the 4th longest serving manager in the PL (iirc) and had 3.5 years with us which is about the length of time a manager does if he is very lucky.

He had reached the end of his shelf life and as a club we move onwards and upwards.
Totally agree with the first three lines and I suspect the last is is probably true, for reasons that extend beyond performances on the pitch.

I guess whoever delivered our first trophy for 35 years, and our first title in 44 years, was always going to be beyond criticism to some of our supporters, but life isn't that simple.

Loyalty is an important quality in football, but it isn't the most important. You can have too much loyalty, you can't have too much success per se.

Football management is a cruel, brutal, high stakes mistress, but I'm certain Roberto will manage another club, because he loves the job, the power it confers and it is because it is very well rewarded. That should answer any absurd notions that this has damaged him too greatly. He will walk into another job at some point, a beneficiary of someone else's misfortune. Someone else who could point to all the good he has done, because life isn't that simple.

Especially the life of a football manager, the life he has chosen.

Spot on mate.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
olddirty said:
We are City not Chelsea said:
Second post ever.
Note the user name.
Devastated on Saturday.
More devastated today as we all waited for this announcement.
Going off to be sick now.

Great choice of date for it too, will have to amend the 13.05 Blue Moon Risen Tattoo now.
rag
Really? D'ya think?

Now obviously I'm pretty sh*t at this forum lark. Just revisited it to follow this thread. Rag! you pain me sir. When I spend over £200 to watch a fat Wembley Wank*r in a blue coat walk by in front of us every five minutes, get done in Harrow for driving in a bus lane, and I work in Salford, I really don't need Blues doubting. Is there an initiation for this forum lark, does being more upset for Uwe yesterday than us losing (again!) have a points system towards proving Blueness. Actually, better not go down the old points thingy. Anyway, I'm here now so please feel free to offer advice, throw abuse etc... apparently that's part of the fun.

Oh, and for the record, I don't think we are the new Chelsea.

Chelsea have just won two European trophies and have done well changing managers forget the rag myth of one manager forever that will never happen at a club again in the modern era as they're about to find out.

nonsense - 1st post -

the club have just completed the 5 year plan and a massive power struggle to impliment the clubs future has just come to a conclusion

chelski are led by a maniacal owner
city are led by a maniacal board of directors#

there is a massive difference ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.