RIP Billy McNeil

Celtic bhoy it's not a competition or a respect league, I'm just pleased to see many nice comments about Billy from the City support on here,the football World has paid their respects and we should appreciate that.and thank the City fans

Sad to say scorer of winning goal in Lisbon has also passed away this morning
RIP Stevie Chalmers
I just thought the players would have worn black armbands or something for their former manager

There was a minutes applause at Easter Road before the Edinburgh Derby that was wrecked by visiting supporters who tried to sing Hearts songs through it. This would presumably have sectarian motivations because of McNeill’s Celtic history.

Billy was briefly in a Director of Football type role with Hibs and even managed them for one match, but he will always be associated with Celtic in Scotland.
Hearts supporters are scum, worst of the lot!

Thanks for posting

There was also a full page tribute in the match programme.
Along with many other Blues I have fond memories of Billy's time here as Manager, and what he achieved under very difficult circumstances. It was inconceivable that he wouldn't be remembered officially by the Club at the appropriate time. That time was last night. He will also be remembered officially at our Christmas home fixture this year, as will all Blues who have passed away during 2019. Its what we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.