RIP Billy McNeil

Do nothing? As i said in an earlier post that you read... The club made an announcement on the clubs website.
I apologise that the two games City have since played have been away from home so no tribute could be paid.
I am sure there will be an article in the home programme next Monday.
Minutes silence / applause? We shall see. But again it isnt "disrespectful" not to do it.
I hope so

Incredible he was never subbed
ca7bc7ec6b45cb9ed5f2bfd44aee2839.jpg

Celtic player simunovic scored yesterday. He wears the no5 Jersey, (same as Billy).
He scored with 67 minutes on the clock. (67 the year Billy lifted the European cup)

Celtic bhoy I understand your sense of sadness but surely some perspective is called for.

I’ll start by saying I loved billy during his time at city, I was at the age before girls come along when city are your whole world and winning or losing could make or break your week, and so more than most other managers we’ve had I felt a connection to him and a little part of my youth died with him.
But for a majority of blues the name Billy McNeill probably has less resonance so I wouldn’t be surprised if there were no special tribute to him at the next game although i personally would like the chance to pay my respects.

He was a great man and a Celtic legend but he doesn’t have a special place in most City fans’ hearts. A nice piece on the website and a mention at Christmas when the stadium pays tribute to City figures who’ve passed away this year would seem appropriate.

There was a minutes applause at Easter Road before the Edinburgh Derby that was wrecked by visiting supporters who tried to sing Hearts songs through it. This would presumably have sectarian motivations because of McNeill’s Celtic history.

Billy was briefly in a Director of Football type role with Hibs and even managed them for one match, but he will always be associated with Celtic in Scotland.

Celtic bhoy it's not a competition or a respect league, I'm just pleased to see many nice comments about Billy from the City support on here,the football World has paid their respects and we should appreciate that.and thank the City fans

Sad to say scorer of winning goal in Lisbon has also passed away this morning
RIP Stevie Chalmers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.