RIP Bobby Ball

RIP - I’m too young to know much about him but remember having a right laugh when he was on I’m a celebrity with Harry Kewells wife and signing cannon and ball are shagging your wife to him

Sad news indeed liked Cannon and Ball saw them a few times and once made the mistake of sitting on the front row lol never laughed so much and been scared at the same time :)

Thought he was great in Not Going Out as well
Brilliant in that series,will be much missed.

I actually remember this at the time.....feel very old now :-(
It was funny for it's time.

must have been one of the first times on tv for them ? great act and them and little and large had big shoes to fill with morecambe and wise being the bench mark ? but cannon and ball did have something special. like all good comedy duos the timing had to be right and was spot on. also the hook of rock on tommy and then a pull of his braces worked so well. like morecambe and wise with the face slap or the false hair piece and glasses (the hook)

british comedy at its best in the 1970s early 80s and then pc brigade took over and it killed it stone dead
long live comedy and rest in peace bobby

This news has really gutted me today, grew up as a kid watching these 2 and have so many happy childhood memories watching them. Bobby was a fantastic comedian. About 25 years ago whilst on a night out with mates in Blackpool we bumped into Bobby in a pub on the Promenade I'm sure he was watching his son play in a band that night. He mixed with us all for about an hour and had us all in stitches. This was a guy who knew none of us from adam but went out of his way to speak to everyone and create an amazing atmosphere. A night I will never forget.

God Bless Bobby Ball taken well too soon and will be sadly missed by many

Remember when he was in the jungle with Harry kewell's wife when he was playing against us.
Cannon and ball are shagging your wife has got to be one of the strangest yet funniest songs sung at one of our games

It was so sad to see Tommy Cannon in tears talking about Bobby on Granada Reports tonite .. i could feel myself 'welling up' !

Sheila Ferguson and Sid Little also said a few words .....

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.