RIP Bobby Ball

I can't find anything to confirm that he was even into football ..... i know Tommy Cannon was chairman of Rochdale until the late eighties , but i can't find anything to link Bobby Ball with City , or any other club.

I could be wrong though.

Maybe Cannon and Ball played the old City social club in the 60's/70's at Maine Road whilst they were on the club circuit ???

View attachment 4580
He was Leeds and Oldham. Both his lads still follow Leeds.

He was Leeds and Oldham. Both his lads still follow Leeds.

Thanks mate ... i've been lookin all over for any info, as one or two on here seem to have him down as being a blue and reckoned they've spotted him outside our old ground ... but i've drawn a complete blank ... i've never seen his name mentioned amongst our celebrity fans, and i've not managed to find anything at all online even linking him to football .

Last edited:
Thanks mate ... i've been lookin all over for any info, as one or two on here seem to have him down as being a blue and reckoned they've spotted him outside our old ground ... but i've never seen his name mentioned amongst our celebrity fans, and i've not managed to find anything even linking him to football .
He lived next door to me on Sholver estate in the early 70s. He used to tease me about football. He was a big supporter of Oldham Rugby.
I used to babysit his two lads, Robert & Darren, they both follow Leeds.
1604018836717.png

Last edited:
I'm a Shaw Gaubie and saw them right at the start in the Wigwam in Shaw, you'll really have to look it up if you are younger than 50 haha

I think they were both welders at Crane Fruehauf in Royton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.