RIP Chris Shaw

for anyone going to the match this Saturday against Norwich then please join in the minutes applause on the 35th minute to celebrate Chris's life,this will alsobe in the match day programme R.I.P. Chris

I understand a blue has died and my condolences to the family

But it seems there isn't a week that goes by where we are not clapping some random fan who has passed away

It's getting ridiculous now

I totally agree with you. However the clapping does no real harm whilst voicing our objections may offend those close to the departed.

I think these insensitive comments are borne out of ignorance, Chris wasn't just some random fan, he has followed City all over the world, including pre season games as far away as Thailand, and is well known and respected for his loyalty. If you don't want to clap, that is a personal thing, but if you see what the Club has been doing for his family and friends, it is obvious they feel he was a very special fan.

But it seems there isn't a week that goes by where we are not clapping some random fan who has passed away

Maybe if you read a bit more into it you will realise he wasn't just a random fan! Can't see a problem if he was anyway he was 1 of us us a CITY FAN!

Two very young children and one young woman have just lost their father and husband at the age of 35,if city fans showing their support by applauding his memory for 60 seconds can help to ease their pain for even that solitary minute,then what is the problem?
The fact that most of the stadium joined in on weds just goes to show your feelings on this are clearly the minority,i think its a great tribute to a great fan and would happily do it for any decent blue that had passed!

I think these insensitive comments are borne out of ignorance, Chris wasn't just some random fan, he has followed City all over the world, including pre season games as far away as Thailand, and is well known and respected for his loyalty. If you don't want to clap, that is a personal thing, but if you see what the Club has been doing for his family and friends, it is obvious they feel he was a very special fan.

I understand what you're saying..and I know my post sounds insensitive..but if we clapped every dyed in the wool blue who passed away we would be doing it every 5 minutes

Clapping in football used to be reserved for legends of the club/game

Now it seems it's for everyone

Last week it was a City fan who happened to be from Bournemouth

This week it's Chris

Next week it will be 'unknown' from 'somewhere'

I understand I sound cold..I'm sure they were all top blues..but where does it stop?

I understand what you're saying..and I know my post sounds insensitive..but if we clapped every dyed in the wool blue who passed away we would be doing it every 5 minutes

Clapping in football used to be reserved for legends of the club/game

Now it seems it's for everyone

Last week it was a City fan who happened to be from Bournemouth

This week it's Chris

Next week it will be 'unknown' from 'somewhere'

I understand I sound cold..I'm sure they were all top blues..but where does it stop?

If you cannot see that this is an exceptional case then I despair mate.

We don't clap for every City fan that we lose from this great blue family but this is an exceptional case.

I never met Chris but will be paying my respects on the 35th minute and really feel for the whole family.

Its not going to happen though is it,city fans die every week,ive been a blue for 35 years,but when i eventually die,hopefully many years from now,my family and friends wont be asking city fans to applaud my memory,following city is just one thing in my life,to this guy city were his life,second only to his young family,who he took to the match with him!
Some fans such as chris deserve to be recognised for their absolute devotion to the club,i think the club have recognised this,and i think its great!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.