RIP Gianluca Vialli

Lads wanted to get to the game Sunday, won't be there but our kid will supporting Chelsea, bit of applause for Vialli on my behalf of you don't mind lads, fucking appreciate it

Trust me those emotions were not those of winning, but knowing what is coming..Of all cancers, never saw people pass so quickly as pancreatic cancer..totally evil tumour..the one you never wish to get. The greatest thing on this forum is we appreciate decent people. He was decent and a great player RIP.
Think that’s one of the two worst with the survival rate extremely low (think Eric Idle managed to survive though, which shocked even my brother in law who’s a scientist in cancer research, which says it all).

Anyway, I saw someone’s post in another thread mentioning ‘Gianluca’ and ‘too young’ , feared the worst coming over here and sadly it was confirmed :-(

I took to Gianluca straight away from an early age, maybe through a bit of misinformation as I’ve not heard it mentioned since, but I remember in his early years a commentator saying he didn’t really need to play football because his family were really well off and could have easily had another career, but he wanted to make his own path and really loved playing football, when you read some of his comments, I think that is one of the things that stand out most about him, how much he loved the game, a real class, honest and hard working player, the type that even your rivals admire, and it seems he was a class person too from those that knew him well :-(

R.I.P Gianluca !

Mancini has spoken about his friend.

Beat me to it :-) Lovely words. In the Football Italia piece there's a bit about their last time together on the 29th Dec sounds like to the very end he was more interested in others than himself.

Similar to Zola. I doubt many opposition fans didn’t like the bloke.

Once went to Oliena the town that Zola grew up in and you could see how it would be a place where you would grow up grounded and no nonsense. People were friendly but direct and there were a disconcerting number of shotgun holes around the place!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.