RIP Terry Hall

I was at that gig as well.
What a night

I had bought a black full length leather trenchcoat from ingliston Market and pork pie hat for the occasion
It was about 200 degrees in the venue but kept the outfit on through all 3 bands

Also quite bizarrely saw Colourfield do a free gig on top of Waverley Market during the Fringe.. me and about 20 othets

True enough. I’d be a lying bastard if I said I’d never come out with anything offensive in my life, particularly around football matches. Many of us guilty parties do kind of mellow out as we get older though and my days of mocking football tragedies ended in my early 30s. At the time of said incident, Terry was 50 years of age and doing it to an audience of thousands rather than down the pub or on the terraces with his mates wasn’t exactly the wisest move and if you read the rest of my post, I’m a huge fan of his music and The Specials just like you. Something like that - despite crossing the line - didn’t put me off wanting to go and see him again.
Sadly a heartless one off comment upset a lot of people in Leeds for whom the 2 dead gents were family, friends and are impressively remembered each year by the players and fanbase alike . No big Lfc, scouse show but v respectful .

Reading his story and remembering his often haunting tunes highlight how pointless our tribal footy stuff can be and that it is not a matter of life or death . Rip Terry Hall I hope your childhood pain is now gone .

Sadly a heartless one off comment upset a lot of people in Leeds for whom the 2 dead gents were family, friends and are impressively remembered each year by the players and fanbase alike . No big Lfc, scouse show but v respectful .

Reading his story and remembering his often haunting tunes highlight how pointless our tribal footy stuff can be and that it is not a matter of life or death . Rip Terry Hall I hope your childhood pain is now gone .
recent times have seen bands/musicians actively allign themselves to football teams...boxers / TV personalities as well. Can't remember this back in the day?...when football was riddled with off field issues. Everyone distanced themselves.....maybe it started with Elton John at Watford?....maybe Oasis?..

recent times have seen bands/musicians actively allign themselves to football teams...boxers / TV personalities as well. Can't remember this back in the day?...when football was riddled with off field issues. Everyone distanced themselves.....maybe it started with Elton John at Watford?....maybe Oasis?..
To be fair to Terry Hall it was an almost lifelong affliction I read somewhere he moved to Stockport because of it, hopefully Zoe Ball, Murray and Stormzy don't follow

Just played best of Terry Hall in the car, great all round talent rip.

Robert Plant Wolves
Very few others I can think of

FWIW, Billy Duffy was wearing a City shirt gigging with the Cult back in 1990.

To be fair to Terry Hall it was an almost lifelong affliction I read somewhere he moved to Stockport because of it, hopefully Zoe Ball, Murray and Stormzy don't follow

Just played best of Terry Hall in the car, great all round talent rip.

Was talking today about this with a rag colleague. He mentioned Terry Hall's move.
I just answered "well, nobody's perfect. But Terry came very close."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.