RIP Tony Sullivan (Sully)

Sincere condolences to Sully's loved ones. Rest in peace Blue.

Spot on - what a character!
I never knew him during the Mayne Line / Govner's days, but I was asked to help him produce his books - he'd call me every day asking for updates, when will it be ready? Plus the regular ''oh I forgot one more thing to add''
I recall one day when he asked when it would be ready and I replied ''a lot fucking quicker if you didn't call me every 5 mins!'' I asked the publisher why they gave him my number and the reply was so that he would stop calling them every day!
My favourite moment in the book was him going to the Hacienda. He wasn't a drinker and didn't do drugs at all. He was horrified in the Hacienda seeing rival fans from clubs from all over the place, dropping E's and having a love in together. He never went back! All he wanted to do was fight the fuckers and was appalled at seeing rival fans dancing together E'd up! lol

Sadly I lost touch with him when I moved to the US. A few friends tipped me off 2 weeks ago that he wasn't in good health and it was a matter of when....
RIP Sully x
Great story mate. One of many, that no doubt, will be told on this thread over the next few days.

I remember playing Oldham away. Me and a few mates, wet behind the ears 17/18 year olds, walked into what turned out to be their main lads pub. We were advised by the landlord that he would serve us one pint, so as not to cause a fuss, and then we would be required to leave as quietly as possible. "You do not want what the Sheffield lads got a couple of weeks ago".

A few dirty looks later, nervous eyes in all directions, we duly finished our pints and mercifully managed to get out in one piece.

We were greeted outside by a baying mob legging it towards the pub and before we knew it, 50-odd Mayne Line Service boys were in our faces, thinking we were fucking Oldham. "We're City" we exclaimed as we stared down the barrel of getting a right kicking from our own. It was Sully, despite his reputation, who sorted us out with a quick quiz on what bus we took to Maine Rd and what boozers we went in, then sent us on our way.

Needless to say, our lads didn't get what the Sheffield lot got.

RIP Sully.

RIP blue

Mate of mine knew him well told us all a week or so ago he was in bad health, though I never knew him personaly had met him a couple of times in passing with my mate and he was always happy to chat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.