RIP Tony Sullivan (Sully)

Hell of a character. Pretty sure he was nattering to me in the Clarence after a cup game at Maine Road. I was about 14 and being schooled on how useful my feet were in a fight.

Met him at the odd game since and always struck me as a genuine bloke, and definitely knew City onside out.

Condolences to his family and mates. Too soon.

Knew Sully well during that time, wasn’t something I got involved in but knew him through friends and would see him quite regularly. After one game a few of us ended up in some old Irish ‘club’ in town, Pattis or something, he was there but like others have said not drinking, all kicked off outside and my mate got nicked, Sully thought it hilarious at the time. Saw him couple of years ago at a game he’d managed to get in to, still had his banning order at the time. Not seen him since.

Top lad, funny as fuck.

RIP. Tony.

Shocked to hear this. Used to talk to him in the Ducie and the Old Abbey and went to same school as a few Blackley lads I knew and a couple of cousins. Remember seeing him having a fag outside the entrance to Crumpsall Hospital as his wife was about to give birth and he insisted he would still make the game. Last time I saw him was United semi in the company of a good few lads who I assume were acting as a welcoming committee for the rags , was with some relief he was one of the faces in the group as no colours were worn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.