Rishi Sunak

Why anyone likes Musk is beyond me. He’s as venal as Trump. I find it bizarre that people can be impressed by someone just for being hugely rich without taking into account the overall picture.
Not so much liking musk as being totally in thrall to him, and more importantly the enormous amount of power and influence he has.
He can change governments, support or destroy others, control national communications and change the course of wars, and still remain completely unaccountable for his actions.
If you thought Rupert murdoch was powerful this guy leaves him standing.
He can quite literally play god.

Not so much liking musk as being totally in thrall to him, and more importantly the enormous amount of power and influence he has.
He can change governments, support or destroy others, control national communications and change the course of wars, and still remain completely unaccountable for his actions.
If you thought Rupert murdoch was powerful this guy leaves him standing.
He can quite literally play god.

The one thing I love and hate about Musk is how loud he is. I hate it because he has a sick ideology and seems keen to “save” civilization. But I love it cause it shows the general public how dangerous people with this kind of money are.

Musk is just one of many billionaires influencing our society but he’s just more loud about it.

Sunak is as piss weak as A/F lager- if he had a skeleton and wasn't a jellyfish he'd sack Braverman but is too scared to. Its madness because she appeals to and is bowing to many MP's like 30pLee, Gullis and Clark-Smith all of whom are likely to lose their seats anyway. The daily agenda comes from the top - the PM and his advisers set the topics for discussion every day and briefs everyone with what to say. Sunak is allowing Braverman to do that reinforcing the impression that he is a wet lettuce leaf. All he does is bang on about AI and gets interviewed by Musk and thinks the odd video on X is actually how to govern a country. I am happy for him to plough on coz the longer he does the more he destroys his Party

I don't understand whatever that tweet is meant to be saying either!

Not read the article but going to assume he’s talking about how many people are reaching the end of their fixed mortgage term.

If you’ve been on a fixed rate for the last few years you won’t have felt the pinch of higher interest rates in your mortgage repayments (for most homeowners this is their biggest bill). They’re saying the longer Sunak waits, the more homeowners are reaching the end of the term, the more people will be hit by interest rate increases.

In essence, should he call an election now? Or should he wait 6 months when another half a million plus people will have seen their mortgage go up by hundreds of pounds and be demonstrably worse off?

He’s delaying the election in the hope he meets his “five promises” but those promises are totally disconnected from people’s individual reality, so the waiting is probably doing him more harm than good. Nobody in practice is going to feel richer by next October just because interest rates are back down below 5%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.