Rishi Sunak

It just reminded us all of party gate and not being able to see relatives who then died on their own and the queen sitting on her own , thats what seeing him does to me

I cannot stand the man - never could - if he collapsed in the street in front of me I would just step over him because thats what he effectively did 200,000 times to the British People

He'll be back in high office in the future. He's young, he played the tone correctly, he can point to the death of empire as reasoning for the failure in 10 years or so.

Reform really hurt him but conversely, it will help moderate conservatives in the longer term. It will make them look sane and a good middle ground. Once the initial anger is over and Labour have had a couple of terms and people want change again then I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Cabinet.
Doubtful Tories don’t like failure, just look at Thatcher destroyed almost every union in the country regardless of the cost and what thanks did she get when things started to go wrong. Booted straight out never to be seen again.

Last edited:
A long term Brexit supporter who shares responsibility for dragging the country down to its current level.

His personal achievement during Covid was the Eat Out to Help the Virus scheme. Furlough would have happened anyway.

As Prime Minister he was best known for making up imaginary Labour tax policies and scaremongering about them, and for trying to associate Starmer with his predecessor. His continued support for the clearly pointless, expensive, stupid and cruel Rwanda scheme was very ill judged, and his claiming credit for inflation coming down whilst refusing any responsibility for it going up was very transparent.

He won’t be missed and will end up as a minor footnote in political history.
Nice summation, and although I do think he wanted the best for the country, in his own way, he just wasn’t strong enough to deal with such huge issues and allowed others to set the agenda.

I could say weak or coward, but after the relief of the last 24 hrs, I’ll just say ‘Goodbye’ to the Tories.

Nah he’s off to California you’ll not see him again

Spot on. Rishi Sunak isn't going to play the elder statesman because the only time he ever played that successfully was when conceded defeat in the early hours of the morning and his resignation speech.

He's an awkward person with very little social skills (struggled waiting tables) and crap at politics. His abortive attempts at resets despite carrying over Boris Johnson's Rwanda policy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to kick him out of the party.

Spot on. Rishi Sunak isn't going to play the elder statesman because the only time he ever played that successfully was when conceded defeat in the early hours of the morning and his resignation speech.

He's an awkward person with very little social skills (struggled waiting tables) and crap at politics. His abortive attempts at resets despite carrying over Boris Johnson's Rwanda policy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to kick him out of the party.
Don’t think they will have to. Can see him packing for pastures new pronto

Don’t think they will have to. Can see him packing for pastures new pronto
There's no practical reason to but political parties can be unforgiving.

It would only be for symbolic purposes. He's accepted defeat. But there's going to be bitter tories seething with anger that he didn't embrace their plan to become even more right wing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.