Rishi Sunak

Decent resignation speech there, the fucking rat faced ****.

He'll be back in high office in the future. He's young, he played the tone correctly, he can point to the death of empire as reasoning for the failure in 10 years or so.

Reform really hurt him but conversely, it will help moderate conservatives in the longer term. It will make them look sane and a good middle ground. Once the initial anger is over and Labour have had a couple of terms and people want change again then I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Cabinet.

He’s gone as leader? I’ve been making food.

Step up, Kemi.

Of course he hasn't. That's not how it works in the party.

MPs need to reduce any field of candidates to two, and then it goes to the members. Just as when Truss and Sunak were appointed, just as it was when Johnson was appointed.

Of course he hasn't. That's not how it works in the party.

MPs need to reduce any field of candidates to two, and then it goes to the members. Just as when Truss and Sunak were appointed, just as it was when Johnson was appointed.

You know what I meant! He’s resigned as party leader yet remaining in place until a successor is appointed.

He'll be back in high office in the future. He's young, he played the tone correctly, he can point to the death of empire as reasoning for the failure in 10 years or so.

Reform really hurt him but conversely, it will help moderate conservatives in the longer term. It will make them look sane and a good middle ground. Once the initial anger is over and Labour have had a couple of terms and people want change again then I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Cabinet.

On the other hand he is crap at politics. Springing a ‘surprise’ election while standing in the pouring rain and catching out your own party in the process is not the sign of a man with finely tuned political instincts. His National Service flagship policy didn’t even get a mention in the last few weeks of the campaign.

Nah he’s off to California you’ll not see him again

no pm could survive the carnage of all the far-right anti-democratic policies inflicted on the vast majority of the UK. Despite the backing of the billionaire-owned msm, the naked voter-suppression, it finally dawned on enough voters that corruption and sleaze was deeply embedded in the tory party from the top down. Monetising a pandemic, contracts for backers and in Sunak's case family businesses,finally pissed off enough of their "i always vote tory because labour is for the underclasses" types. The shit-storm from brexit that enraged the racists farage fans by immigration still going up after the promise that non-whites would be "sent home" (ffs) predictably voted reform (ukip 02) The low turnout that the tories rely on was down to cross-party disgust by former supporters, who would never vote labour, see farage for what he is, and knew it would be pointless to vote. FPTP is the big fat elephant in the room, the labour party have neither the will or the balls to ditch it, or even defend it, the libs claim to want to will be airbrushed away should they ever be the main oppostion party...

does anybody else think that this on the eve of polling day was not the masterstroke Sunak thought it was going to be

Sunak knew he was done by then. He had nothing to lose by bringing the self-serving prick to the soapbox to deflect some of the attention away from him. For many, the abiding memory of the Tories disastrous campaign will now be Johnson.

Smart move (and there haven't been many), really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.