Rival Fans

It’s the insecurities of United and Liverpool fans seeping out.

They think that their way of supporting football teams is only reason people support them - to feel some reflected superiority over others. They are insecure people who need to latch onto something to give them that reflected glory; they just happened to find a football club to choose to support who can provide that.

They don’t understand that normal football fans support their local team because it represents their town/city in the sport they are interested in. It’s about pride in where you come from, not reflected superiority.

When their football clubs are not providing them with the reflected superiority they crave, they do things like make up lies about attendances of games and parades to make them feel superior again.

Proper sad cases, best off ignored but easy to get a rise out of for a laugh.

A perfect summary of what they are.

It’s the insecurities of United and Liverpool fans seeping out.

They think that their way of supporting football teams is only reason people support them - to feel some reflected superiority over others. They are insecure people who need to latch onto something to give them that reflected glory; they just happened to find a football club to choose to support who can provide that.

They don’t understand that normal football fans support their local team because it represents their town/city in the sport they are interested in. It’s about pride in where you come from, not reflected superiority.

When their football clubs are not providing them with the reflected superiority they crave, they do things like make up lies about attendances of games and parades to make them feel superior again.

Proper sad cases, best off ignored but easy to get a rise out of for a laugh.
Only this. Great post.

The mother-in-outlaw has just offered her congratulations… That’s it for me I can now fade away in the sunset regardless of anything what happens to us from this day forward.
Speechless red arrows fly past arranged for 4pm.

All I’ve seen is animosity when I’ve tried to talk about it. They’re hurting bad. I see social media is completely awash with lies and bitterness though.

At bottom right, it’s a nightmare of crowd control, there is literally a zero deep crowd surge happening.
I’ve just realised , that ‘rammed’ parade was for their 19th top division trophy (see bus). You know the one where they overtook their biggest all time rivals to the most top titles, and have their chief bully’s hope achieved of ‘knocking them off their perch’. One would have thought it would be their biggest turnout since their fluke of 1999, but no. Perhaps there was a train strike in London, and an air traffic controller’s strike in Ireland and Norway. They really should have held the parade in their heartland of the Home Counties.

Lol, the pic is on the Wikipedia page for that season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.