Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardiola said: “Riyad Mahrez will be with us next season and the next one, and the next one."

Pep's statement is much much much more extreme and detailed than what I wrote in the quote above. Apparently, Pep does not believe the shit laid out by this "reliable" Jack from the Daily Fail.

To those who were telling us in the preceding posts how reliable this Jack Gaughan is, will you be now suggesting that Pep is lying ?
He has a long contract so he was never going anywhere,why are you so wound up about it?

I know about the contract. I just had to show and conclude that I was right in doubting the Daily Fail. Mahrez, Gundo, even David these days, and others are being unfairly treated and I am against that.
To add to your point, Jack Gaughan was the journo that broke and pushed the Mendy clubbing story at the start of the month. It was extremely disappointing to see so many fall for it and castigate him (Mendy) to oblivion over it. I'm all for fair criticism, but some players seem to get dog's abuse and that's not on.

Think he just needs to develop in the system. And to that end he has to get training to change his style a bit. And not just style of play, but the tools to do it; in particular he requires some strength and short burst speed training...his underlying physicality needs to change and that will take time.

I think our wing role doesn't suit him. Maybe in pre-season he will adapt to it I dunno, but I think Pep should test him on the right attacking midfield role. If he can increase his work rate for the defensive demands of the role, then being closer to the center will make him more of a goal threat than out wide and we could hopefully see more opportunities that are less predictable (when you are out super wide, cutting inside is very obvious, but when you do it centrally the outside option is also dangerous because you are also close to goal), I think we would see his play making attributes that he displayed at Leicester as well in this role.

Think he just needs to develop in the system. And to that end he has to get training to change his style a bit. And not just style of play, but the tools to do it; in particular he requires some strength and short burst speed training...his underlying physicality needs to change and that will take time.

Not sure it would make a difference even if he could/does bulk up a bit mate, he's looked like a real coward at times.

Could cost us a title, whereas Aguero has won us too many games and trophies to even count, it’s not even similar
Yes exactly, we should be 4 points ahead of the Scousers with three games to play.

He has been an unmitigated disaster up to this point, never grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck and looks completely out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.