Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not one v the other you know? They both have their uses and it'll be good to see this kind of rotation with different front 6's:

Lyon:
Sane Jesus Raz
Silva Fernandinho Bernardo

Cardiff
Sane Aguero Mahrez
Silva Gundogan Bernardo

Oxford
Diaz Bolton Mahrez
Zinchenko Danilo Foden

The step up from Leicester must of shocked him especially In training where he sees players 5+ years younger than him on par with his ability or better. Think it take time for him to settle in.
I don't think it is this at all. Many of our first team players readily concede that he might be the most skillful player on the team. Yes, there is always some adjustments when you go from being the only big fish to being just one of many fishes.

He should just keep doing his thing and eventually hellh be where he is supposed to be.

Will need half a season to settle into our side. He needs to learn that Pep likes his dribbling and direct running but not when an easy pass is available that stretches the opposition. Over playing at times but will be a valuable player for us in Europe and domestically and enable us to keep rotating. Will gel eventually. Would be good to see him off the bench again tomorrow and putting in a good performance.

I don't think it is this at all. Many of our first team players readily concede that he might be the most skillful player on the team. Yes, there is always some adjustments when you go from being the only big fish to being just one of many fishes.

He should just keep doing his thing and eventually hellh be where he is supposed to be.
Out of interest where have many of our first team players stated he’s the most skilful player in the team?

Early days , but he is really struggling to make a mark in games , he is very predictable cutting inside all the time maybe a goal or two will have the desired effect , but so far he has been a disappointment.

Early days , but he is really struggling to make a mark in games , he is very predictable cutting inside all the time maybe a goal or two will have the desired effect , but so far he has been a disappointment.
Surprise to me that he's not as direct as I thought he'd be. Sane made the difference by driving forward which put them on the back foot. Mahrez must be having a crisis of confidence as his first move is inside and back. Reminds me of when Sweep went to Chelsea, he seemed fazed by the quality of the team he joined and struggled to make a mark. I hope he sorts it out and I'm sure Pep will coach him back to form.

Surprise to me that he's not as direct as I thought he'd be. Sane made the difference by driving forward which put them on the back foot. Mahrez must be having a crisis of confidence as his first move is inside and back. Reminds me of when Sweep went to Chelsea, he seemed fazed by the quality of the team he joined and struggled to make a mark. I hope he sorts it out and I'm sure Pep will coach him back to form.

To be fair he played in a completely different system at Leicester they were a good counter attacking team , where as we have 70-80% possession in most games and face packed defences , like you say i am sure Pep will sort any confidence issues , but he isnt looking like the final piece of the jigsaw that i thought he would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.