Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day that he’s training he's adapting. I don’t want to see him rushed in to high stake games too early. Let him relax right up to Christmas with the odd start and sub. There’s no panic.

I agree, no need to rush him in when we have amazing options without him. Klopp didn't rush Robertson in and Fabinho isn't getting a game yet.

He will be great for us. Already had about 5 decent chances to score and could of had a few assists. Im sure had he got those chances for Leicester he would of scored each.

It’s just he is overthinking due the dramatic change in style and various new demands from Pep, alongside added competition.

Needs a goal to kick start his confidence.

He will be great for us. Already had about 5 decent chances to score and could of had a few assists. Im sure had he got those chances for Leicester he would of scored each.

It’s just he is overthinking due the dramatic change in style and various new demands from Pep, alongside added competition.

Needs a goal to kick start his confidence.
He needs a kick on Bernardo or Sterling to kick start his confidence

All he’s offered so far is a check inside and play a square ball. Horrible feeling we have another Bony on our hands. I was against the signing in the first place as it’s also one less chance for Diaz to break through plus I was never sure we actually needed him. 28 soon too so not get any younger.

You shouldn’t need time to adapt when you cost a record £60m.
His cost is irrelevant in your argument, which I think is wrong as all players need time, some adapt quicker than others but in the main, all need time

I really don't think it's about the system and him to adapt. Really. The problem is not that Riyad is losing all the balls he gets, failing to take-on defenders etc, nah the problem is that he's not even TRYING to. 0 risks only backward/sideway passes, the lad is a monster at dribbling and despite having many situations to provoke the fullback he prefers to pass it.

He's petrified by the fact that Guardiola is watching him and don't want to deceive him.

Mahrez tell you this did he?
I have read some shit today, but this is the chicken dinner

not a chance. Bernado was outstanding at Monaco, you could see he pure class. Mahrez will get nowhere near him... ever.

Have to agree, Bernardo is a couple of classes above, also this notion it’s taken him 12 months is wrong, he kicked on from jan this year and has continued the upward curve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.