Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what we'll accept, but it has to be reasonable and recent transfers for defenders make anything below £75m unreasonable for an attacking talent whose stats are right up there with the best, especially when you consider he's in a team where he's expected to do most of it by himself.
I agree to a point, but you're really talking about 1 defender, VVD to Liverpool, so basing it on one fee is probably ambitious. If Arsenal are getting Aubemyang for around £60, then that is probably a better base.

We've seen the negative effect all this has on mahrez's game when he doesn't get what he wants. If you hold onto him after a 70m bid comes in, Mahrez will be in an even bigger sulk than after summer. Risky.
He's been better than ever this year after ignoring his request and turning down bids, so that idea doesn't hold any water for me. If you bid £70m and we can get a replacement you'll probably get him. But he needs to realise this is of your making and not ours by leaving it so late.

Remember Pep has praised him before. Despite the market can’t see this going over £60m. Who would pay that much? Maybe only Liverpool.

Better to sell for less than keep a player that clearly wants out.

RainbowWeatherBoilingPiss.gif

For that reason, I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.