Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had a hunch that Gab Marcotti was anti-city too so I was kind of surprised to see him admit that his gut tells him that Pep will extend.
Have spoken to Marcotti a few times, mostly about FFPR, he's far from anti-City.

Which is complete and utter bollocks isn't it, we turned down £30m and we've turned down £50m. We don't give two hoots what you value him at, if the bid isn't deemed acceptable then he stays where he is because he's worth more to us here.
You’re argument works both ways though; if you over value him then we walk away - which is what I originally said so it’s not utter bollocks is it! And you’ll be left with someone who doesn’t want to play for your club anymore, so much so he’s handed in a transfer request. I know you’re gutted but we won’t pay more than we are willing to pay, mentioning the current market, VVD etc. is irrelevant where we are concerned, as proven with $anc€z. Sorry about that.

Have spoken to Marcotti a few times, mostly about FFPR, he's far from anti-City.
Have great respect for Marcotti - as mentioned above, guest panelists at ESPNFC are generally excellent - wish they'd dump most of their regular pundits and drop coverage of MLS.

You can’t underestimate how much the player’s intentions matter here.
Once he has formally handed in his transfer request it means he really wants out. If Leicester deny him the move he will be a very unhappy bunny and Leicester know he is unlikely to deliver on the pitch if he stays.
There will already have been a breakdown with the agent and player and Leicester are just going to hang out for the best possible deal. This will be done but not until the eleventh hour. City will up their offer again before then. I expect he will go £70 mill at the end of the day.
It will happen.

It was pathetic. I’ve had a hunch that Gab Marcotti was anti-city too so I was kind of surprised to see him admit that his gut tells him that Pep will extend.

To get this back on track...I think this one gets done. In no order of importance...

1) Mahrez has done his time and been a ‘loyal’ enough servant for the club plus the owners seem to be player friendly if warranted (Juveesque?).
2) He’s forcing the move.
3) We need another forward.
4) City doesn’t let the media narrative get out of hand and we’ve been ‘gazumped’ twice. You think they want that happening again?
5) 4 trophies is a serious possibility this year and at least for the next.

I think 5) is the main reason behind this happening right now rather than just lining him or a.n. other, up for a summer transfer.

They have realised we could genuinely win all four. But will have to rest players as it stands, to really seal the title & get through to the CL last stages.

Laporte & Mahrez, can keep us competitive in every competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.