Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t underestimate how much the player’s intentions matter here.
Once he has formally handed in his transfer request it means he really wants out. If Leicester deny him the move he will be a very unhappy bunny and Leicester know he is unlikely to deliver on the pitch if he stays.
There will already have been a breakdown with the agent and player and Leicester are just going to hang out for the best possible deal. This will be done but not until the eleventh hour. City will up their offer again before then. I expect he will go £70 mill at the end of the day.
It will happen.
Agree with this. Leicester know that if he's an unhappy bunny until the end of the season and doesn't play for them- they won't get anywhere near the fee we are offering them now. His valuation will drop atleast 20%.

Which is complete and utter bollocks isn't it, we turned down £30m and we've turned down £50m. We don't give two hoots what you value him at, if the bid isn't deemed acceptable then he stays where he is because he's worth more to us here.

Have you spoken to him ?

I've a feeling you will struggle to get a 30 mil player out of him if this doesn't go through.

But I imagine City will be willing to pay 60+ as it's worth it to us now. In the summer, I imagine we will not.

It was pathetic. I’ve had a hunch that Gab Marcotti was anti-city too so I was kind of surprised to see him admit that his gut tells him that Pep will extend.

To get this back on track...I think this one gets done. In no order of importance...

1) Mahrez has done his time and been a ‘loyal’ enough servant for the club plus the owners seem to be player friendly if warranted (Juveesque?).
2) He’s forcing the move.
3) We need another forward.
4) City doesn’t let the media narrative get out of hand and we’ve been ‘gazumped’ twice. You think they want that happening again?
5) 4 trophies is a serious possibility this year and at least for the next.
Color me dubious... I doubt very much that this goes through.

We'd be willing to sign Mahrez for a reasonable sum - Leicester want far too much.

Mahrez is signed through 2020 - so there's zero pressure to sell. Leicester will simply wait until the summer and then sell.

Have you spoken to him ?

I've a feeling you will struggle to get a 30 mil player out of him if this doesn't go through.

But I imagine City will be willing to pay 60+ as it's worth it to us now. In the summer, I imagine we will not.
This. @foxedup is carrying on as if he’s doing the negotiating on behalf of his club. He keeps banging on about things he simply can’t know about.

Which is complete and utter bollocks isn't it, we turned down £30m and we've turned down £50m. We don't give two hoots what you value him at, if the bid isn't deemed acceptable then he stays where he is because he's worth more to us here.

You won't get a penny higher than 30 million if you don't sell up now. You're better off just taking the money and giving Mahrez the move he wants.
He's far too good for your club and deserves a bigger stage.

This. @foxedup is carrying on as if he’s doing the negotiating on behalf of his club. He keeps banging on about things he simply can’t know about.

Nothing wrong with loyalty to your club. I've heard an awful lot more shite spouted by Blues on this thread, foxedup hasn't said much I don't agree with to be honest.

My opinion is always the same, when the player hands a transfer request in, let him go, for a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.