Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mistake was making our move on the last day.
We've done that twice now:

Sanchez and Mahrez: moved for them after injury. Coincidence or cause. I suspect cause although I know some think we've been after a forward for ages.

I think we thought we'd get away with it. We have other priorities and we don't have an unlimited budget. These are the decisions you have to take without the benefit of hindsight.

Now we have our most difficult period in the season where we are missing a lot of players. How we deal with this will determine how successful we will be.

My feeling is that he would have signed that contract in naive belief that he was helping the club that had brought him to England and made him a star, with the understanding they would sell him if he wanted to go. That would explain him signing the contract and him now feeling aggrieved that Leicester are moving the goalposts.

Putting myself in the players shoes,i'd be devastated as imagine this was his one opportunity to join us as,given Leicesters stance,i cant see us going back in for him come the summer.

A shame all round if it really is dead.

I appreciate tolms info but come on things change in a blink of an eye like sanchez and alves.

Ok I accept that, but this has been a very strange transfer dealing imo.

We surely knew what the asking price was, and whether there was wriggle room for negotiatons.

With injuries to Jesus and now Sane apparently being longer than was first thought, our resources are being stretched and the number of games involved means that fatigue likely for our players. Mahrez appeared to solve some of the issues imo and probably worth the hassle.

I suspect that would have been in Pep's mind when persuing the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.